1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the bagger class that ran last fall at Sonoma with BB155, Hawk Mazotta, Cory West, Patricia Fernandez, etc... has turbo’d and or supercharged bikes... no idea what the rules are... but can’t be that way in MA or HD would be boosting...

it looks like the clas demographic has it so that there will be lifestyle fans and race fans separately... Tyler’s teammate at Indian isn’t a threat for the podium right? Yet he’s on the factory team? I haven’t looked into it... good for him... so there are 5 bikes that can win so far? 2 HD, 2 VH, I NDN, with the Wymans and the NDN the contenders from last year... If VH is serious and Taylor and Ripsoli are too they’ll hve what it takes I’m sure... lots of variables and Daytona will be a drafting fiberglass cracking NASCAR race like nothing since the boxer cup when air cooled head fins were flying back in the day...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

So I glanced into the rules

Harley can run forced induction up to 107ci engine. Natty aspirated they can run 131.8ci
    Indian gets 111ci for forced induction, and the same 131.8ci for being natty aspirated.

Minimum weights 620lbs for all (holy shit lmao)

$6K limit for Forks
    $2K limit for shocks

Aftermarket swingarms are allowed

Aftermarket brakes and most other SBK rules apply for the rest, aside from ECU.

27 and grasshopper like this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Just bike or bike+rider?

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I really hope that's combined weight... Those bikes ain't slow..

Michael Barnes flew past me on one at Road America in a section I am too embarrassed to admit to (on my ZX10R). I heard a bunch of noise that sounded like something was exploding next me, then he was in front of me and getting smaller in my vision.. I thought about heading into the pits and just packing the trailer up and selling the whole operation.. I've never felt so stupid and slow, it literally hurt my feelings. LMAO.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pretty sure that is just the bike. Very similar to the way I feel when kids on wee bikes blow past me on the R1. Get over it and just have fun.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Everyone needs a piece of humble pie every once in a while. LOL. I was racing the dairyland classic flat track race during MA at Road America last year and was bullshitting with him along the fence. He limped away like a crippled old man that night into the pit area. The next day he was fucking ripping around on that big bagger with no issues.

7. grasshopper

Just heard from an "unconfirmed" source the BMW lineup for MotoA
    5 riders some Stk1000 and some SBK Hector Barbara, PJ, Travis Wyman, Cory Alexander, Zak Schumacher

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

bike only. they're 800+ pounds stock

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... that would be interesting... Zac was on an R1 for a couple years locally and did a couple MA rounds and then bought a ducati 2 years ago and has been running pretty well on that. Would be cool to see him on a team on a BMW.

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Honos/HVMC collab prob.

I'm telling you, last Friday at Chuckwalla them boys came in real heavy to the pits on stock BMW's. We rode Friday and they pulled up in the afternoon for the no session days that followed on Saturday/Sunday.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The posts above match some of the information Ive seen.
    Schumacher is news to me.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody post this yet?

TX Joose and henry_carlson like this.
  13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Lets be honest here, there are plentyof capabale open wheel american prospects, if you have the money you will find a ride. Open wheel is no different than any other motorsport, show me the money!

evakat likes this.
  14. grasshopper

I'm still laughing about @regularguy posting about Gagne and Peterson comparing hair care products. LMFAO!!!

koth442 likes this.
  15. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

So a Honos / HVMC BMW team?

Honos sponsoring a team would make sense too as they dropped being the title sponsor for the series. For 2021 I'd heard rumors they were working on a Superbike program anyway.

rafa likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

RRW reported that the Duc Herrin rode at Daytona was not running the new spec ECU or the stock ECU was not restricted in any way- so it remains to be seen what will happen when MotoAmerica imposes their limits, whatever they may be.

I enjoyed Herrin's interview on the MotoAmerica podcast, glad he's having fun on the bike with that team. I got a little grin on my face listening to him try to invent ways to NOT say that the bike doesn't like to be on it's side rolling through a corner. Ducatis are just different.

Entry for Daytona closes this week, so maybe we will see some Entry Lists soon and we can end some of the speculation!

YamahaRick and tmac94 like this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you can read the big orange stripe on the leathers, so the cat is out of the bag!

19. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

From @MotoSean:
    "The deadline for entries is tonight at 11:59 p.m., so I would think the final entry list for the Daytona 200 will be published on our website by the end of this week."

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That’s a cool Robem #1 on the front of that bike o_O

I get that the rider earns the #1, but damned if Robem and that whole team didn’t will that bike to the championship lead. Nice job @SPATT & @regularguy , bummer another team will rep your hard earned #1. I guess that’s racing though…