1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2017!

Discussion in 'General' started by mino6466, Apr 17, 2017.

1. caferace

caferace No.

How long ago did they update the xbox app? My roommate discoed it because the streaming stuttered all the time. We ran some 24 hour ping tests and the problem wasn't on our end.
    Pirate. :D

-jim

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pretty sure I heard he was part of the purge, so his devoted fan base will have to subscribe to his podcast...

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Wow, that was awesome coverage and a great race.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

is BeIn paying MA to broadcast the races?

if not, the GP model isnt comparable at all. Dorna charges networks to show their races. they are big money contracts and i wouldnt be surprised if those produce much more revenue than Dorna's subscriptions.

MA prob doesnt have the capital to invest in a streaming subscription. the development and maintenance needed to run a streaming service like what Dorna has isnt cheap. rough guess, itd cost >100k to build and in the low 10s of 1000s to run monthly. MA cant even get their website working perfect. neither can BeIn w/ BeInConnect. maybe someone should start a Kickstarter to fund this for 2019, haha.

there are other options than doing it the Dorna way. Paid YouTube content for example. i have no idea if thatd work and BeIn would prob throw a fit.

5. About 2 months ago. Roughly. It looks the same as the application on my Mac now. Works MUCH better.

caferace likes this.
  6. caferace

caferace No.

Ah. He discoed it about four months ago. I'll let him know. Thanks!

Let me offer Broome an analogy:

Chris, you go into a restaurant and they have killer steak, and the side is Mac N' Cheese (humor me) made with Manchego, Gouda and Irish White Cheddar. You're pissed because the MnC isn't made with your favorite. You leave and walk down the street for a mediocre burger and Mac n' Cheeze made with your god of cheeses, Velveeta. :D

You can get BeIN right now through means other than what MotoGP and WSBK offer even though your cable provider does not offer it. MA does not yet have the eyeballs or $$ to offer that level of service. Yet. By supporting the Big Cheeses at MA now though, you give them more opportunity to have that in the future and as a bonus save yourself endless minutes typing in how much it sucks you can't have it your way.

Chris. Have your steak and the "different" MnC. Step outside your comfort zone. Make it happen.

-jim

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah blah blah, steak. Yap yap yap, mac and cheese.

I'm hungry. :D

8. caferace

caferace No.

He doesn't unnerstand short posts. You know that. :D

-jim

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Y'all can thank me later. :D

10. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I've been using the slingTV app on Roku and AppleTV since the beginning of the 2016 season and have never once had buffering issues. The app isn't the best looking but the races are in hd and stream great.

caferace likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Chris,

Not sure if you know this, but if you get direct TV, there is an app you can put on your phone that will allow you to watch everything on your home DVR Direct TV box. So if you record any races, they would be available over the internet.

12. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

when is someone going to tell greg white theres no such thing as a gsxr1000rr?

13. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

That may be like claiming a year ago that there is no ZX-10RR...

It just hadn't been introduced...but it was well on its way to production.

Just sayin'...

Cam Morehead and shakazulu12 like this.
  14. Oh wow, that is cool. That would come in handy.

15. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Interesting. So Suzuki will make :
    GSX-R1000
    GSX-R1000 ABS
    GSX-R1000R ABS

and a GSX-R1000RR?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and then a GSXR1000RRRRRRRARRRGHIMAPIRATE?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And then, steeltoe will die of dehydration and priapism.

shakazulu12 and 5axis like this.
  18. moto316

So is Yosh Suzuki somehow able to skirt the homologation rules and run bikes that aren't even publicly announced yet? None of the BSB or WSBK announcers tacked on the extra R on to the ZX10R until this season.

19. moto316

And is Fong running the RR or the single R? If it's the single R with the normal 3 spoke wheels that's pretty impressive. I thought lighter wheels were supposed to make a bike handle so much better but it looks like he's not having any problems hanging with the factory superbikes.

Edit: Looks like stock normal 3 spoke wheels and OEM master cylinder. Dam impressive.

John29 likes this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

And to think that all the race teams built their bikes on the single R. Even the ma bikes of Toni and Roger .