1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Nice hit...

Bloodhound, 5axis, TX Joose and 3 others like this.
  2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn, Gino just went all Broome and shit.

MachineR1, Circacee and 418 like this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

But but but he’s a Moto2 World Champion, he should be beating everyone by 20 seconds every single race :beer:

4. fastedyamaha

I didn’t see any uppercuts fool :crackup:

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

No, but for a restrained throw, definitely good vector and BV! (bottle velocity) :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

Especially since he had to get it over the other rider!

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Nice summary! FWIW, the Kawi also doesn’t lay over as easy as the SV and get into corners. When I rode the RBOM endurance SV at Pitt, I was surprised how fast I got onto my knees in every corner and how comfortable it felt. I feel like I’m putting an extended input into the Kawi to get it cornering low.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Dang :eek:.... in MLB or NBA, the benches would be cleared and a full on brawl would have been in effect....

9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

I’d really love to get him on a proper SBK next year.

The RaceKawasaki Instagram account recently posted about his win and clinching the championship. We’ve been telling our friends to comment on that post about putting him on a SBK next year. Maybe if the masses all chime in it can help gain some momentum to get him on a SBK in 2020.

rcarson15, BigBird, Shocker and 6 others like this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Kawasaki really should step up with a two bike SBK effort in MotoA. They obviously can be competitive with the ZX10, based on results over the pond.

rcarson15, Superbikeorbust and DDK732 like this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If kawi had any intentions of stepping up, they would have done it a couple years back when the stock kawi was kicking serious ass in the superbike combined class with a rider who I feel really deserved a superbike ride from them and never got it. Maybe with the graves pull he has, he can make something happen.

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Why? Their winning and sponsorship dollars are developing a top tier bike on world class circuits in a world class setting. Devoting resources to a series that has riders who didn't make it in Europe or riders that retired from there and couldn't hold a top 10 in their elder years makes no sense. I definitely understand why Yamaha is pulling out.

13. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I like the Josh Hayes “meee?!” And Herrin’s “wtf?” . Glad that wasn’t worst, that’s uncalled for regardless.

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Nah, you’re still good. :beer:

DDK732 likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Never commented on anything on IG before. I just like looking at cool shit. Don’t know any of you guys. But been saying most of the season I’d love to see a factory Kawasaki effort next year and lee is who I want to see on it. So you sir get my first ever IG comment (well I guess technically Kawi does but you get the point lol).

Superbikeorbust and DDK732 like this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We caught the Sunday Superbike race from the top of the tower on the observation deck....all the Superbikes revv'd to start on the grid..and launch....the sound was incredible!

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Watergate: from TDJU

Attached Files:

5axis likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That is funny and just goes to show you how eyewitness testimony can be unreliable. I was standing just on the other side of the fence from Herrin, talking to Matt Spicer about spring rates when this all happened. In my mind, he was much farther away. I saw the water bottle explode and looked back and saw the thrower being ushered away.....I didn't realize how close he got.

Typical story from the grassy knoll.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Lmao!!!!

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Poor @hayes131

Talk about bad place at a bad time.....Josh damn near caught that bottle meant for Hayden.