1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moriwaki VS Aprilia 125 ...which is better?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Jan 14, 2009.

1. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

We have been comparing the numbers, we will be posting a dyno run of a stock street trim Aprilia in a day.

Causal glance shows that the bikes are matched for bhp thus far, and weight ( in race trim) is only about 20 more on the Aprilia.

Once a pipe is added, and race fuel added, the Aprilia will be ahead of the Moriwaki, thereby creating an almost identical bhp to weight ratio.

Who has a dyno pull from a Moriwaki?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. dan#55

dan#55 Member

Ive found a couple. From various sorces on the Internet looks like they average around 28hp with about 16ft/lb of torque.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone got any more info on the HP for the Moriwaki?
    Looks like they may struggle against the "Road going" Aprilia "Street Bikes"

3. dan#55

dan#55 Member

Anouther thing to consider, the weight:

Moriwaki weights 198 Pounds according to Moriwaki.com

A fully prepared Aprilia RS125 replicast challenge bike is 220pounds (not alot in it really).

Therefore using some knowledge the power to weight ratios taking the average Hp from the Moriwaki as 28Hp and the Aprilia as 32hp the power to weight ratios should be:

Moriwaki= 7.071 :1

Aprilia RS125= 6.875 : 1

So in conclusion the "Road bike" is lighter than the "Race bike" and produces more power. Now i understand that the HP results i have for each bike is what they are standard however something to consider is that both class rules allow only aftermarket exhausts so they are still a very close comparison.

Therefore the only real thing that can seperate these classes are the costs.

4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I'm sorry, but is this a useful thread, or just unsubtle shit stirring to setup another attempt at a "The Bikes In My Series Are Cooler Than The Ones In The Other Series" thread? :rolleyes:

5. dan#55

dan#55 Member

What isnt usful about it? It seems veery informative to me, no offense in it any where??

is there?

6. JZ

JZ Well-Known Member

:confused::confused:

Not riding either bike but I thought the thread was interesting.......

Jeez ........It's the middle winter.... other than thumb twiddling .

What else is there?

Now I if there was only some smack talk between a Moriwaki and Aprilia rider :up:

7. ate51

ate51 Well-Known Member

Pretty closely matched methinks. Aero's and rider weight might make the difference with pilots of equal skill. However, I would imagine the power delivery and powerband of the Mori would make it easier to turn consistent fast laps than the 2 smoker. I'd love to get a chance to try both.

8. EMathy

Nah, not any of your posts. I love dyno runs! :up:

Mr. Infinity Replica did some shit talking about the Moriwaki series earlier on a different thread. He's been putting it (and the bikes) down ever since in a very unsubtle attempt to drum up support for his effort. It's about as subtle as a 2x4 up the head, although he obviously thinks otherwise.

9. dan#55

dan#55 Member

But the USGPRU rules state that the minimum rider and bike combined weight is 300pounds for the Moriwakis.

The power delivery is very four stroke like on the Moriwaki with the majority of the "drive" at the bottom in which really on track revs are never met that low. The dyno graph for the Moriwaki i personally feel is disapointing, the curve is pretty flat after around 8250rpm. But hey it is after all a Moto X engine and for Moto X would work fairly nicly.

Although more bulky the Aprilia Street bike appears to be very aerodynamic, and being more spacious bigger riders i would think would find it very comfortable.

Been having a look on the internet at Dyno Graphs other than one specific one on the Aprilia and they all range between 30hp and 35hp for a standard spec bike on various dynos.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

One thing I can't believe a 28mm carbed 125 will hit 32 hp. As far as the Moriwaki have a flat power curve, that translates into "easy" to ride as in "faster". I don't think these 2 bikes will even be in the same ballpark when they hit the track. JMO Tdub

11. dan#55

dan#55 Member

I guess well just have to wait and see. But from the figures released it looks like itll be close.

12. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I've ridden both. There is no comparison, and there will be no comparison if they meet on the track head to head.

13. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

JU confirms it. case closed.................next.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  14. dan#55

dan#55 Member

I dont want to start a topic like previous, but i have to say did you ride a challenge spec bike?

The standard street bike (which all of the bikes that have been sent the the USA are restricted, electronically (feel free to conact me, on how to remove this restriction for no charge)) weighs 280pounds.

Therefore the power to weight ratio is way off the Moriwaki at 10:1 (pounds to one HP)

The first bike in which we have prepared know weighs 220pounds and produces 32hp (on pump gas, de ristricted with the race pipe) therefore bringing the Aprilias power to weight ratio past that of the Moriwaki to 6.875 : 1.

The only way other than Mathamatical absolution to prove that both machines will be very competative against eachother is to have a on track race.

Over and out.

15. bobby lewis

bobby lewis Well-Known Member

pony up the same purse as honda does and lets open it up. bobby l

16. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

This is a completely ridiculous comparison. You take an out of the box spec Moriwaki and compare it to an ever changing Aprilia. If we trim the weight and take off the electronics, and do this and do this......the Aprilia will run with the Moriwaki. Next thing you know, you will be saying if we put a big bore 144 kit on the Aprilia it will really outrun the Moriwaki.

Here's one for you guys........Who cares!! Unless, of course, you are going to let the Moriwakis run in your series???

You must feel quite threatened by the Moriwaki to be bringing up all this crap!!

Since you are so envious of Honda and their bike and you have to feel good about yourself by winning a comparison.....compare the Aprilia with the Honda Rebel......you can win that one ;)

17. EMathy

*chuckle* Are you really going to try to lecture a guy who has been racing for, er, well...a damn long time? On not just 4 strokes but mostly (correct me if I am wrong) on 250 GP machines? Who has been doing bike comparisons for magazines (someone else's, and now his own) for almost as long? Who owns and runs one of the highest profile, most successful AMA privateer teams ever?

I mean, really?

That's officially a losing proposition, my friend. :tut: :D

18. gsaltus

gsaltus Well-Known Member

The conclusion is simple there's no way the Aprilia RS125 (street bike) is going to beat the MH250H or MH250S. The Moriwakis are built to compete against Honda RS125, Yamaha TZ125, KTM 125, and the Aprilia RSW125. And there's know way in hell the Aprilia RS125 well come close to the 2 stroke GP125s.

19. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

As I was loading up the bikes this morning, I thought to myself, Dang....that Moriwaki is a fine looking machine!!!

Attached Files:

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Lucky bastage!!! :moon: