1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monza, Italy | WSBK 2011 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 6, 2011.

1. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

He's a very opinionated person, there's not point arguing with him.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

you said the commentators agreed, the broadcast played it otherwise, matter of fact they said it a few times

it is what it is, i'll be at miller to see the races hopefully he can pull two races out, but i think checa will be tough to beat

3. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Last I checked, Steve Martin does Speed, not Eurosport. Jack Burnicle and James Whitham do Eurosport.

Though in case you missed them, go back a page and look at the screen captures. No way can you say he did not break the rules set-forth for re-entering the track.

4. six6two

six6two AWD

If you have a fact that can disprove his claims go for it. I don't think the penalty was fair per say, but apparently it was within the rules. Opinion has nothing to do with it. Sucks for Max, and I think it was silly, but it was within the rules. Too harsh IMO, but apparently within the rules.

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

that would explain it i watched it on speed, didnt know eurosport was broadcast here, i never saw a tire/line or anything like that, my bad

6. Demented

It got mentioned a lot yesterday when lap after lap were thrown out during superpole.

But STK1000...holy shit. Worst place ever to have an engine go pop and spill oil. :eek:
    Think I just saw a bike that broke in half.

7. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

I think we will see a large shakeup in Motogp for yamaha, move Marco to the factory bike along side Lorenzo, and put Cal and Eugene on the support bikes. Move spies back to WSBK or let suzuki have him back.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You're funny

9. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

How dense are you? thankfully, the eurosport broadcast has terrific commentators, not some watered down version speed gets stuck with.

10. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

:D:Poke:

11. Demented

If anything, Lorenzo will get the boot from the factory squad with either Cal or Edwards joining Spies there, and Eugene going to Tech 3. Yamaha would be mad to do away with Spies seeing how next year it'll be back to 1000cc bikes. Only one currently riding for them who has 0 experience on a big bike is Lorenzo. New generation bike too, and Edwards is just too valuable to not have. Lorenzo doesn't even look attracting to potential main sponsors.

But that's just my unprofessional opinion.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes.

13. Demented

Sylvain Barrier, what the fuck was he thinking?

14. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

haha so is JL gets the boot from a factory ride, where do you guess he would end up?!?!

15. Demented

Best guess, Gresini Honda with a factory bike, or Dovi's seat if HRC keeps a 3 man team. Lorenzo and Pedrosa on the same team would probably be an absolute dream for Repsol. Would give them the ability to market for those who like Pedrosa and those who like Lorenzo, since Spain is somewhat split between the two of them.

16. Chip

Chip Registered

- Very happy for Chaz and Eugene! Both rode amazing races....

- Biaggi got screwed in race 2

17. mr240

mr240 Well-Known Member

You are insane if you think Yamaha is going let Jorge go. They let go Valentino for him. :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. Demented

They didn't quite let him go.
    Though what's insane about thinking a team/company would want riders that are experienced with big bikes than riders who are not?

19. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

What's the deal

with the spring located near the rear brake pedal pivot (about the size of a valve spring from a multivalve head).

It kind of looks like a poor man's antilock device, incorporated into the linkage acting on the master cylinder...(?)

Thanks

(Post #40. pic on left)

20. Demented

Spring to return the rear brake pedal, but you're right, most of them are the same size as valve springs, which is what I have on my bike. Stock rearsets usually have a return spring on the lever itself and not the master cylinder.