1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Montgomery motor Cop Busted for Drag Racing With a Citizen Biker

Discussion in 'General' started by eric hunter, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Did ya'll see this on the news ? It got national attention. Cop was just being friendly and having a little fun. As a biker, you can tell the speed is low staying with traffic and there was no danger to anyone else. The YouTube video shows that they never went over the speed limit via the speedometer.
    The dude that posted this did not think thru the implications of his posted GoPro video at all. Think before posting people!
    Cop lost his job/badge due to this, but was reinstated 2 days later after the social media blowup and the Chief of police cooled off some.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...2577885059.300049.128707275058&type=1&theater

Watch the VIDEO and read more here: http://bit.ly/1gMbuB9

2. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Guess most of you are toooo young or never heard of racing on Woodward Avenue in Detroit... or the Thursday nite "Top End Club" that was the father of Funny Cars...

Ron

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hardly a drag race.

Saw this yesterday. Glad to hear the cop was reinstated....

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He should have been fired.

5. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Some good racing back in the day at Livernois & Warren area

6. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Pretty damn stupid. I understand trying to make the community feel you're with them, not against them, and after the first little 'drag race' I was cool with it. The second light, the second time, that was pushing it if I were his supervisor.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Last time I was in Montgomery they were riding BMW's. Did that change?

8. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Epworth Ave :up:

I was in Detroit in 08' ish and a couple of locals asked if we wanted to go check out some street racing. I never imagined it would be in a neighborhood! Lol. I figured we'd be out on some abandoned roads. That was a great experience man. Surreal.

9. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

They realized that they did not have anyone qualified to maintain/repair them so they went back to Hogs. They were having to trailer them to Birmingham to the BMW dealer for repairs...and they didnt have any metric tools :D

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That sucks. I'd be pissed if I had to give up a nice K bike for a stupid Harley.

11. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Yes sir!
    Lol, theres some crazy s#!t that goes on in the D, you just gotta know where to find it :beer: :D Love my hometown

12. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

At the time i worked for the Honda dealership and spent ALOT of time working up bids for the Honder St police bike. Actually had Honda drop one off to them for a week so that they could shake them down. They ended up spending 5k more per bike for the beemers because they liked the way the bags opened vs the ST and they felt the increase in ground clearance was important "in case we have to hop curbs". Makes sense right :rolleyes:

Clearly the Harley was a better choice :crackup:

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not sure if they're still doing it but that $1 per year lease put a lot of HD police bikes on the road.

14. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I lived off of John R downtown from 03-07, I remember hearing about it every week from buddies.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm glad the cop was re-instated. I don't think that was bad enough to get fired over.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I disagree.

19. AZFZDude

AZFZDude grid filler

Telegraph between Ford Rd and Michigan Ave back in the early 80's : )

20. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

:crackhead:
    Clearly, the chief of police agrees with both of you. :D