MONGO , just say NOOOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'General' started by slaw0002, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I do'nt know Tray but is he a top 5 rider with a 600 in the 600 classes?

2. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

You might say he is fairly fast ;)

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Say it isn't so..........
    :tut:

4. rugbymook

Faster than Chuck Norris on meth.

5. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

In superbike !!!

Not supersport because I might have a chance to win :moon:

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My stuff has been legal. Joe's 675 would get smoked on the straights. Not yours .. at least not at the end of the year ... :p

Ah I'm just starting crap anyway .. winter boredom I suppose .. :D

Merry Christmas everyone.

7. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

1. I started this crap

2. Kraft and Rosey are FAST , So people are going to talk about your motors.

3. We know Tray rode the crap out of the SV.

4. I can not buy a new bike ( I work in Automotive)

5. All I want for Christmas is a slipper clutch :D

8. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I just noticed something in the rule book...

Up to 700cc water cooled, four stroke triples
    Any machine legal for Lightweight Twins
    125cc & 250cc GP Machines in Superbike Only
    *Up to 1050cc Triples based on Superstock rules will be allowed in HWT Superbike only.​

I apologize in advance if this has been talked about in excess already. But does this mean that that anything 700cc and below can run in both HWT SS and SB classes, and as a superbike in the superbike class, and anything above 700cc must be of a Superstock build, and only run in Superbike?

To me, the "Up to" part with no bottom CC definition would imply that all triples must be SS, and only run in the SB class. But the inclusion of the "up to 700" rule would seem to imply that there are different standards for bikes 700cc and less. And since no class restriction was mention with the 700cc inference, it should be allowed in both SS and SB.

If in fact 700cc and less bikes can run in both classes, could the wording on the * rule be changed to show both a bottom and top CC limit? Also, while I'm making requests, aren't the bigger triumphs 1200cc's now? Might as well let them in too.

I'm really not one to "read into", or try to interpret the rules. I'd rather just do exactly what they say. So if I'm being "that guy", I humbly apologize again. Also, I have no invested interest in the class. But I would like to see more triumphs out there on the track, and I think that might help a bit.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  9. rugbymook

My bike is as legal as yours and at was the same at the end of the season as it was at the beginning. The AHRMA/AMA rounds were the only ones with the Hord motor.

At Summit it was slower since Hughey took my can of MR9!!! :D

I have no idea what Joe did to his 675 as far as tuning, fuel, or exhaust... so i can't comment on why his would be slower than mine.

10. rugbymook

That's it.

The "*Up to 1050cc Triples based on Superstock rules will be allowed in HWT Superbike only" was the old rule.

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

hhhm, I don't like your wording there young man:D

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The "big" Triumphs are 1050cc.

Up to 700cc triples are legal for both SS and SB, built to either spec. for the class it runs in.

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Mine was 112 horses on pump (I'm too cheap for race gas), bone stock with a full leo vince, BMC filter and a tuneboy map. JD said it was one of the slower ones he had seen. Apparently there is a lot of variability between those motors.

I'm with Eddie, just stirring stuff up...:D

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

if i had the money to be racing again id buy a 675 just to piss off all of you :)

15. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

I am not going to read the whole thread, but I haven't been able to pass any of you on a straight in as long as I can remember anymore. Hell I had to pass Eddie in the grass at Beaver.

I think 600's should be legal in the hwt classes, I mean think about it the hwt twins have WAY more power. Afterall Slaw passed me and left at one of the rounds this last year.

16. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Lazy.....and cheaters :D

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You enjoyed that didn't you?

Savor it.

:)

18. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

You will alway's have your 1-2 picture Eddie:up:

19. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Get off that pile of crap Kawasuki Bill and you wouldn't have to make such heroic passes. All though from a fans perspective you were quite entertaining, so maybe you should just keep it!

20. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Don't feel too bad Joe. Mine made the same HP, on the same dyno.