1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo/Evelyn---Join AMA to race WERA???

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

My post was vague because we only got limited information.

Wasn't meant to be a slam to wera but a plea to change it before it's fully implemented.

Like I said, I'm wera till the end so I guess at Nola I'll just pretend it's a Mongo Daily Pie fund.

I'll feel a lot better about giving money that way as opposed to supporting crooks.

2. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

I don't see how supporting Crooks racing got pulled into all this but please give it a chance you may like it. But I understand if you want to give to someone else.

3. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Kid's got jokes. :up:

:crackup:

Thanks for the dialogue. I know you're always in the position of having your decisions and business questioned by the armchair quarterbacks of the world. I don't like it, but that's life. Thanks for listening to a few of us who aren't in love with the idea.... now I'm going to go punch myself in the balls for agreeing with Robby and Broome on something.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

What, exactly, is failing up north?

5. That is where Mongo originally concentrated his efforts to destroy roadracing.

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The NC region doesn't make money. That's why all of the rounds are double headers this year. Over the years WERA lost money on the series because of immensely small grid sizes. You have to make the cost up somewhere to keep the region alive.

Ask Sean what happened the last time we begged him to put Gingerman back on the schedule.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It was at the peak of the economy bust. Try it again, give it two years and put it towards the beginning of the season and it'll do well. Especially now that they are doing a repave.

FWIW, not biased on Gingerman one way or another. I haven't ridden there since the GLRRA days.

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm aware.

But the post I quoted from Olympus Racing was what was confusing.

9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I am somewhat surprised at this thread. When I got my wera license I assumed that an AMA membership was required. Almost every offroad org I raced with over the previous 20 years had required it and I never thought to ask.

IIRC an AMA membership was required at VMD Mid OHio

10. Hyperdyne

It's weird with the new changes. I hear there are more coming.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sean, will we be able to do the AMA membership at Grattan this weekend? Too soon for that?

Tks
    M

12. Hyperdyne

Gotcha...

ASRA is AMA sanctioned, but only runs Sportbike, Supersport, and Thunderbike points. It's a separate series than the CCS stuff. The Team Challenge thing is their Endurance series. I don't think the AMA is part owner of anything in it. Kevin owns it.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You guys don't do enough different genres of motorcycle racing. If we are talking about the same credential. Picture below.. You need this credential to compete in ice races, hare scrambles, enduros, motocross, hill climb, trials ect ect....

Is the below picture the credential we are talking about?

[​IMG]

14. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Anyone planning on doing MotoAmerica races has to have an AMA membership anyway. The AMA does a LOT for motorcycle owners, riders and racers.

15. Hyperdyne

That's it...

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

going to be interesting this weekend, to see with the choice of ccs or wera in the NC (Chicago, and Grattan) region, how big the grids are at each series. this might hurt both groups somewhat. Ski

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Plus the track days at NCM in KY this weekend. Plenty of racers opted for that to practice for the races that aren't happening there this summer.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You can race it in October :D But yes there are many choices this weekend...I'll be at Autobahn.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

LOL.

STT will be there later this month.

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Thanks to all the ducatis and bimota's :Poke: