1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

They didn't. It's hypothetical. You have to use your brain to understand it.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

i guess your kinda new here, high and mighty no, but i know my job.

So i'll be nice and calm for you. out of the many race bikes/street bikes I've serviced, built, and stroked. I have yet to see a crank with the visual roughness of that crank in road racing world, viewed at 200% in Microsoft picture. the last time I've ever seen a gsxr crank with out chamfering is..... never. that last gsxr crank that I've seen with a number 3 casted in to the inner counter weights is....... never. all markings are on the end counter weights and done by what looks like a laser or a automated etcher. the numbers are uniformed and exactly the same in size respect to grooving font and dimensions.

Also I'm not attacking you, what i am saying is, if you personally have opened a gsxr 1000 and seen many of them god bad, destroyed what ever, then you can say he this is normal and this isn't, but i seriously doubt you have. right now i have 3 cranks on my work bench, each from a different model gsxr, 03 1000, 02 750, 07 600 and the color of all those cranks are the same. i have cranks for 01-02, 03-04, 05-06 same crank part number for 07-8 1000's and every one, has the same color texture to them and the markings are all in the same places. You speak of unobtanium, is that word meant to signify Stock parts that i can buy, if so you need to tell Micheal Jordan that's because he's got the wrong impression of the present situation. Tell me what stock parts Yoshimura sell's, i have to hear this. These people machine their own tools to make their own parts, wtf has that type of capitol, and then opts to sell stock parts.

I'm not a know it all i'm a race shop owner and a engine builder and that crap in that picture is some that I can't go buy, and it's might funny when people say it's not a performance advantage when yosh sell kit ecu that let you rev an engine beyond factory setting. to have a crank withstand higher revs is a performance advantage, I would think:confused: DON'T YOU?

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

They didn't. It's hypothetical. You have to use your brain to understand it.

It's just a statement showing that a kit crank can be deemed a performance enhancement.

Doesn't mean the Yosh cranks were or were not.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

"unobtainium yes production yes"

Are you fucking kidding with that? :rolleyes:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They said they did....

:crackup:

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Falicon tried to cover for them because they are Falicon kit cranks. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey T - how many kit cranks have YOU seen?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, Falicon stuff isn't that slick. They're more like the Erion one...

9. Handicapped Racer

since 2001 i've seen 4 :D 1000's and 1 600's no 750's.

10. Handicapped Racer

all jokes aside, i've seen about 200, of the 600, 750, 1000's over a 7 year period, could be more but not that many more.

of all the crazy crap people have posted on the bbbs, no one has ever been like, Whoa guess what i've found. anyone ever seen one of these before. We got a bike with a yosh motor in a few years ago, I'd never seen it b4 x's on the eng serial number area. oval shaped exhaust ports. hmmmm fist that casut me was the crank case catch can. So i called Doug Wells. he confirmed it was one but didn't know how it got out of the building. Guees it was taken when they stole the wheels off the yosh trucks and left their tl, lmao!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  11. Handicapped Racer

:tut:

yeah when i saw that one i figure falicon super cranks

12. Handicapped Racer

sorry i really need to read stuff b4 posting it

13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Nah, what they said was "American Suzuki was able to locate a crankshaft, through its customer service department, that is, in all-important respects, substantially similar to the subject crankshaft with respect to the categories questioned by the AMA.

American Suzuki was also able to supply written documentation reflecting that the exemplar was an "OEM" part used in a GSX-R1000 purchased in the United States."

Remarkably, the preceeding sentence in the PR said:

"It is virtually impossible to track down an engine with "vendor-specific" components or parts."

Wow, what an amazing coincidence and good fortune that the customer service department was able to do what everyone thought was virtually impossible. "Hey, there's no way we could ever find a bike with the same crankshaft. However, the gods are smiling on us, and, lookie here, this is one that we pulled out of a customer bike." :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  14. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

Knarf Legna and TWF2, what part of this argument don't you understand?

1) I am not arguing that the #6 crank was legal in anyway, so please stop confusing my argument with that.
    2) Judging by the size of this thread, can you deny that the issue has changed from whether or not the #6 crank was illegal to whether or not Yosh was treated fairly by AMA/DMG?

My point has NOTHING to do with the legality of the crank, and I'm not saying that there needs to be a rulebook the size of the federal tax code.

All that I am proposing is that in their effort to apply the rules and make an example of Yosh, AMA/DMG shifted the focus away from that and instead let the court of public opinion (which is really the one that matters here, since everyone seems to be concerned about fan-base) debate whether or not Yosh was treated fairly.

All that AMA/DMG had to do was to not APPEAR arbitrary in their ruling...but they failed miserably to do that, not only because of their actions but because of the way that they presented them.

If they didn't feel that the Yosh appeal had any merit, then fine - explain why BEFORE Yosh took the battle public. Now, their explanation seems reactionary, which does nothing to help the situation.

If they would have either given them the benefit of the doubt in terms of the process and held a hearing, or if they would have denied the hearing but would have explained clearly and publicly why, then it would be much less of an issue now. Perhaps we would be debating IF the #6 crank was illegal. Rather, we are debating whether or not Yosh was treated fairly by AMA/DMG, and that is a shame because it damages the integrity of the sport in the eyes of the fans. Most fans are NOT analysing it this deeply, believe me. They see it in black-or-white, that either Yosh was cheating and got busted or that they're getting a bum-rap from AMA/DMG, and that is a shame given that the entire focus should be on the fact that Yosh cheated and got caught, period.

15. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

TWF2, have you actually read any of the materials submitted for the appeal? Where in Yosh's appeal does it argue solely non-performance enhancing? The vast bulk of their appeal document deals with homologation vs. non-homologation. In fact, the opening paragraph of their appeal reads:

The information contained in this document is meant to clarify the parts supplying history, and various aspects of the manufacturing processes used in the production of the crankshaft removed from the [#6 bike].

If you were to actually read the document, you would see that every section is an attempt to justify that the crank is homologated, not that it wasn't performance enhancing.

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

neither am I.
    I am arguing process.which I don't see nothing wrong with it.
    it is my opinion based on reports.
    if yosh provided proof that cranks are production and ama did not let them have proper appeal I would have different opinion.yosh ended process.
    simple as that,I can care less about shit talk,even tough it is good entertaining :)

17. Handicapped Racer

Kinda hard to justify that the part is homologated, when the part you've given as the "spec" part doesn't match, it matches every other bike in the paddock they tore down, just not yours "yosh". I don't see where the issue is. if it was a superseded part that's one thing, but from my understanding that specific crank is in it's 4th year of production. it's easy to say yes it that same part if you're blind. Are you trying to say we all need glasses! I'd like to know what other team owners. engine builder are saying hey you guy are picking on the Yosh squad, Our cranks look the same. Kws, Matsushima, jordan, M4, i mean no one these folks have stepped up and said WE have the same cranks. Why is that? how is the appeal process unfair, the crank arrived early morning,..did they say hey we're gonna wait till we get the paperwork b4 we look into this, then at the last minute he we found a part and here's our appeal. Just answer me this 1 ? Why couldn't Suzuki produce a complete "sealed from the factory Gsxr 1000" why not offer the owner a even trade. your 1000 for a early 2009. Win Win for every one. He gets to be the first in the USA to receive a 09 1000 and Suzuki get to say here ya go asshole, ..........now what! that would shut me up!

18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

If you read the thread I said way back that I agree that from a PR standpoint an appeal board might have been a good idea. But in the final analysis I don't think it matters, the outcome would have been the same. IMO the complete, total authority rests with the AMA, second guessing their decision is pointless. Yosh should take their medicine, stop whining, and live with it.

19. Handicapped Racer

:bow:

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

yes I did.
    where are cranks?
    by what they say that crank should be in my bike(I owe gsxr1k).I will donate bike for cause.all I ask is replacement if crank is not same.
    if I have same crank as Mladin I will keep bike and crank,I will take it back in parts :D