Minis

Discussion in 'General' started by Ed Bargy, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Ed Bargy

Ed Bargy Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo,

do you have a list of tracks and dates for the minis in 05?

It will help with my scheduling.

:D

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Go Mini's

Woohoo. Mini's rock. Cam

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All races at Talladega, Nashville, CMP, Jennings, National at Summit.

Am I missing any?

4. Cam Morehead

Tracks for the Mini's

I sure am glad the mini's have grown. Does anyone else remember the weekend my wife got her Mini License with Scott Carpenter as the instructor. He was on a GSXR 750 and she was on a bone stock XR 70 at Tally. I hope to have 50 mini's show up at CMP July 23-24. WERA rocks.:clap:

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Ed,

Your Jan. 8 school date at Jennings, i saw there will be racer practice, you plan on letting any of the mini's out for a session or two that day? (asking for Austin, he's buggin' the crap outta me to find out)

6. Cam Morehead

Watch out Todd

Austin will be passing you before you know it. Cam

7. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

what is the most competitive set up (dirtbike setup not the small road specific bikes) ? and its 80cc 2 and 4 stroke limit?

JB

8. Cam Morehead

Setup

Motard is by far the best all around mini setup. The Metrakit bikes do better on the huge tracks but suffer on the small ones. A tuned YZ 85 two stroke and a CRF 150 four stroke haul booty. I ride the Derbi GPR 72cc two stroke on the bigger tracks. 100mph out of a mini. Hope this helps. Cam

9. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

so is 150 the 4 stroke limit on displacement? (for wera, i found semra rules)

JB

10. Cam Morehead

Class rules

If I am wrong Mongo will correct me.
    50cc Class; 50cc to 65cc two stroke run with 50cc to 125cc four stroke. A TTR 125 will barely run with a KX 65

80cc Class; 66cc to 85cc two stroke run with 126cc to 150cc four stroke. It may differ a little depending on what Mongo wants to do.

I don't think WERA has had problems with the class issue because people are doing it for fun. I personally don't care who is on the track. Except for Stick, he is a danger to everyone.:Poke: LOL for ya Stickboy. Cam

11. Cam Morehead

Yes

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those work good for me. No need yet to get into big and small wheel rules.

Shouldn't be too hard to keep the 50 class Superbike and the 80 class Formula based.

13. Cam Morehead

That is what we will use for July 23-24 then. Thanks for the quick reply Sean. Cam

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Cam, at Nashville in Nov., it FINALLY clicked with him how to get thru the corners faster. After he and i studied pics that Photo Chick took of him at the Loganville track (THANKS VICKI!!!), he realized he wasnt even moving his body at all. At Nashville, he came in after the first round of practice and showed me his knee (no pucks) and he was grinding the leather off!:eek: So i put on my old pucks and he proceeded to wear them out that weekend. I went out to T1 where i could get a close look at what he was doing in the corners and you couldnt WIPE the smile off my face. He was flying thru there, actually slid the rear out of T1 (scared the shit outta his mom), but it looked like he never got off the gas(advice i gave him) and just kept on motoring thru.

Theres a Duc 748 sitting here in my garage that im trying to sell for a friend of mine. Austin sat on it when he brought it over and the kid can hold it up, no problem. After the 2005 season is over, we'll probably be stepping up and see about either a 150 or may just jump on over to an EX500 and let him start doing alot of track days. Cant actually race with WERA till he's 14, so a year of trackdays for him and hopefully he'll be ready for clubman 2006. Needless to say, MY race budget will basically be all spent on him and i'll just do a track day here and there and put all my efforts towards letting him have his fun.

15. Cam Morehead

Austin

Man that makes my day. I noticed he did not move on the bike. It is great to hear the bulb came on. I have spent way more time talking and coaching in 2004 and it is great. It is nice to see a kid you talked to apply something and then come to you and say "Hey, did you see what I just did?" It takes a big man to step down for someone else. I know. I don't regret a thing though. My mom and stepdad brought a pic this weekend of me pulling a wheelie at NFMP in 2003 and it all came back. Had a fast pulse for 30 minutes. Still love playing with the baby more though. Cam:D

16. Charles Johnson

Charles Johnson Well-Known Member

My son Alex , I and others raced Honda CRF150's in WERA Minis
    this past season. They were allowed. Metrakits are way faster. Hey Cam, do you think you could test out my Apriliasaki for me. Is it faster than your Pro Race Derbi? Faster than a Metrakit? I sure hope so...........dont want to be wipped by those young Mini snappers anymore. I raced the CRF150 at Nashville and got lapped by the leaders on the 7th lap. And Little Oz (10yrs old minus 24 months) beat me to the line. Awsome fun though )

17. Cam Morehead

You build it and I will race it, not responsible for damages though..............

18. Charles Johnson

Charles Johnson Well-Known Member

As long as the new for 2005 M&M racing stickers cover all the scatches.

19. Cam Morehead

HUGE STICKERS FOR 2005

I can do it Charles. It will look like a package though.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You rstill mad about that little "icedent" that happened. I didn't meant to. You looked like you needed a push. You were going so slow.:Poke: