1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milwaukee sale at Home Depot

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I bought a set with a box for $499, to replace the stuff that walked out of here. It comes with 2 batteries, plus there is a special with an extra $150 9amp battery for free for a total of 3 batteries.

What made me pull the trigger is if you open a Home Depot pro card/commercial card, they give you a $100 credit towards the purchase.

I think the guy said this was going through tomorrow.

cav115 and G 97 like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That does not suck.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, wish I could justify it. Even have the card.

4. Boman Forklift

I already had a home depot card too, in my business name, so I went for another in my own name. She said no problem, it is in a different name.

This was the deal I got.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...With-PACKOUT-Rolling-Case-2796-22PO/303241629

Now I want to buy the good 1/2 drive impact with 1400lbs torque that was also stolen, I just didn't have the coin to make it happen now, and it wasn't on sale anyway.

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Inquiring minds need to know if you got a Sawzall ...

6. Boman Forklift

Yes, I did, that was one of the ways I justified this. :) Now I don't have to borrow one, to finish my plumbing job.

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

8. Boman Forklift

I owned some Milwaukee electrics before and liked them better than the single Dewalt I had. When I researched before, the Milwaukee's seemed to have better torque ratings on the impacts, which was something important to me. I don't care if the saw goes 3100 RPMS or 3000. If they had that kit at Home Depot I would have checked it out, we don't have Farm and Fleets out here, as far as I know.

I did check out the Makita, the Ryobi, and something else and all of them had less inch lbs on the impacts. I couldn't find the specs on your link, but most likely your deal is better, if I could get over having less torque.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1
    I don't have that set, but have 2 drill/drivers, the sawzall, portable vac and a palm sander. The vac is the only thing that isn't great. Aftermarket 4-5 Ah batteries are dirt cheap.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Tristan

not knocking M brand, I'm sure it's good stuff too. Like you, I gravitated toward my brand due to a previous awesome experience (with their corded circular saw.) In both cases, the new stuff probably isn't the same.

11. Boman Forklift

Now you guys are making me want to check out that set and see the specs, especially torque and if they make a 1/2 drive impact. :D On most things I own, I haven't bought the best, and usually try to buy what I think is a good deal.

I actually own a corded Porter Cable saw and used it this weekend cutting concrete and asphalt, and it works great, which has me thinking.

12. Tristan

13. JJJerry

I got all of my PC stuff at Lowes. Cheaper than Amazon by quite a lot.

I really like the 4.5" angle grinder, use that a ton.

14. Boman Forklift

15. Tristan

After the first PC drill I bought as a kit, I realized that Ebay had pretty much every bare tool and battery in the lineup for way cheaper bought separately. Got my 2nd drill for $26

16. Tristan

Yeah, that's quite a difference. I want the PC one mostly for lighter automotive and trackside use.

17. JJJerry

1,400! Holy cow. That's more than my IR 2135 pneumatic gun. That's impressive.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Is the Home Depot Milwaukee stuff the same spec level as through Milwaukee directly, or a (horrendously overpriced) industrial supply house like Grainger? My Makita stuff has served me well but after 10 years it’s getting worn out. I was planning on switching to Milwaukee so this may be the right time.

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Torque ratings on impact guns are total BS. It's a made up number made up by individual MFG designed 'test criteria.' AvE has some good vids putting various impact guns through the wringer, complete with teardowns if anyone is curious.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. I need a cordless sawzall, needs to be cordless for precision machining :). That and I just hate cords.