Miller AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by LukeLucky, Aug 3, 2013.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Could be worse. You could be watching fucking golf, or maybe nascar! Asses! Seriously, I get it. It's annoying to hear announcers mispronounce rider's names, dead silence in pit lane interviews, and sometimes Russell slurs words together. At least there's coverage... For now!

How many years has this current crew had to practice and perfect the craft of announcing and covering motorcycle roadracing? I think they're doing an awesome job considering everything.:up:

I'll bet 80% of you would be tripping on your tongues if you were in the booth or the pit road. "Umm, this is, umm, bitchymcbitcherson, ummm, in pit road with the chew chrief of the nummer.... ummm, two, of Josh Hayyyyy,er,eeerrrin. Ummm.... Josh seems to be ummm... What time is it?"

Damn! C'mon people! You want it perfect, with little to no mistakes, budget, or time!

I'm just happy to be able to watch the racing!

2. caferace

caferace No.

Well .. shit.

-jim

3. caferace

caferace No.

I must be in the other 20%. Me and Dreb in the booth. That'd rock. That being said, I will not slag off any announcer. Except Charlie Cox on the BBC MotoGP coverage. He sucks. :crackup:

-jim

4. caferace

caferace No.

Of course, I'd probably say this on air and get fired. :tut:

-jim

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Well maybe not. He's riding again.

6. caferace

caferace No.

And turning the second quickest laps. Iron Man.

-jim

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

No doubt you would do a great job, Jim. You also have your own webcast show and have had years of practice. The only one with much practice with motorcycles is Russell and he's come a long way in the past couple years.

8. banzai132

It looks like it is going to be Suzuki's day.
    Like it almost was in WSB.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did Rog's motor pop there before Release?

10. banzai132

Wow! Martin waited it out and pounced like a cat on the last lap. Good job!

11. banzai132

PPPPPPProbably TTTTTCCCC.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perty Damn Good race with Rog / Marteeeeeeen...:)

13. caferace

caferace No.

Not sure I could do better than Christie. She is sharp. I'm impressed.

-jim

14. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Come on man. Humble is one thing...but come on.

15. caferace

caferace No.

I think she's good. It doesn't hurt that she's also a babe. :D

I have a face for radio.

-jim

16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

She's improved greatly since the Road America round! :up:

17. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Hahaha. She's grown on me. It's definitely not how she does her thing, its the actual questions asked. "So your rider just crashed and rejoined the race, what damage was sustained and what's he thinking?" As a Crew Chief there's just no good answer besides 'Ask me after the race when I download the bike and rider'. I realize this has been beaten to a pulp twice over. But you're absolutely right that she's good, if she weren't it wouldn't annoy me as much, but those questions are just absurd.

18. caferace

caferace No.

You're thinking of Danielle. I'm talking about the live PA feed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ama-pro-live---road-america-pa-feed

Different women.

-jim

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  19. caferace

caferace No.

Joe Roberts!

-jim

20. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I was thinking about Danielle too. :D I actually mean that I thought you were speaking about Danielle also.