Mid-Ohio 8/11

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by CephasGT, Aug 5, 2009.

1. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

Who's going? I'll be there shaking down the bike and knocking off the rust/cobwebs from the rider. Blue/White R6 with lots of stickers, and a blue/white/black AStars suit with my name in sliver across the back. Once the kinks are worked out, I'm hoping to find some 1:3x.x's in the afternoon. :up:

2. CephasGT

Damn, nobody, eh? Lots of open track, then...

3. bee_rossi

bee_rossi Active Member

I will be there coming out from Pennsylvania . . . . running I group myself. Hopefully we do get a lot of open track time to ourselves !!

Looking to be a fun time i am leaving out Monday to stay in hotel Mon night then ride all day Tuesday

4. slidewaysmike

slidewaysmike Slow Roller

Wish my bike was ready... It would make a great location for my return to on-track riding.

When's the next one? :up:

5. CephasGT

The 22nd, I think. I'll likely be at that one as well.

6. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

I group?

not likely...

7. slidewaysmike

So how was it?

The 22nd might be too soon for me. Need to get my fork seals replaced, some new tires... oh and a trailer. So I need money for all of that. So probably not by the 22nd. :(

8. CephasGT

It was okay. I was rusty, tense and sloppy for most of the day, and by the time I started to get it figured out, it was over. :( No worries though, I'm gonna try to make the 22nd, and pick up where I left off.

9. slidewaysmike

No worries about being rusty... at least you didn't tip it over, right?

When I finally make it out to the track I'll be the definition of rusty. I haven't ridden a bike in anger on the track in close to 15 years.

10. CephasGT

True, I didn't crash, and that was one of the goals of the day...

11. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

8/22 is a Max Time Twilight 3pm to 8pm for $165 !!!!!!!! Combined I and A groups. That's a freaking steal!!! I'm there.

12. CephasGT

I thought it was 5pm-8pm for $150.

13. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  14. CephasGT

Oh, they must've just raised it. It was $150 a couple days ago. From what I gather, the track will only be green between 5-8 though.

Still thinking about doing it.

15. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

That's cool. 3 hours is still a long time. I'll email Patty and find out for sure.

16. natedogg624

Gates are open at 3, on track by 5 checkered at dusk.

still more track time than the standard 3 group format.

17. CephasGT

That's only true if you can ride the full three hours, which I don't know anybody who could... I guess we'll see. It'll be an interesting day anyway.

18. natedogg624

more available track time... better?

ill be there. going to try and see just how much these PP's can take.

:43.xx's???

19. CephasGT

Nate, seriously, don't push them too far. They don't give a lot of warning when they are about to let go, and when they do let go, it's in a big way. I don't wanna see you wad it up just trying to see how far you can push the tires, is all.

20. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

Registration and bike tech will open at 3PM. Rider meeting will be at 4:15PM and first on track session will be at 5PM.

This is the schedule I got from Patty at Mid Ohio.