Microphones Silenced @ Indy

Discussion in 'General' started by krod524, Aug 10, 2014.

1. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

Foxsports1 broadcast lost the announcer's feed on last lap… that was the best part of the whole race. No insult to Russell but it was really nice just to hear the engines and the sound of the event.

Would like to see a TV option some day where we can silence that other guy's mic at any time. :up:

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Oh, really???

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Perhaps even the producers got tired of listening to Shaheen :crackup:
    Cheers, Lee S.

4. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

That's a gift to not have to listen to Ralph shaheen. I wish someone would throat punch him and make it so he permanently can't talk.

5. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I was watching on tv and missed the last 12 laps of the race. When it finally came back on, the only feed they had was the onboard camera on Marquez's tail section. Ruined the race for me and my wife.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Same here... cut out, then tons of commercials, then came back 1/2 way around the last lap on the butt-cam...

7. Yea, I love hearing what The Chief has to say, but Shaheen is very annoying.

8. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Moto3 & 2 were great. GP was pretty much script. Glad it wasn't too close cause we wouldn't have seen it. I bet Dorna is pissed.

9. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

I gave up a long time ago. Save yourself the headache and get the motogp package. You can see all practice sessions, qualifying and race! Tv can just go away. America blows when it comes to covering motorcycle racing. I don't know what the problem is.

10. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

They said that the power went out at Indy so they had to fill in with commercials. I guess when they got power back, it was limited.

11. Jred

Jred Jred

Fox blew that one in better than usual way. Idiots.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That was the most hack broadcast of a Moto GP event I've ever seen. Power issues aside, even the commentary was horrendous.

13. The motogp.com streaming video has this option :)

14. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

The bigger issue.... When FoxSports cuts back from a commercial during their "live" broadcast they show a shit ton of worthless shit!!! Right before the issue they had, there was 56 seconds(I timed it) of them showing an out of focus bike, then the Indy tower before cutting back to the race!! That's 2/3 of a full lap during a fucking Sprint race! They missed MM93 taking the lead doing the same shit earlier in the race...all the while Ralph muddles through another stupid promo. A complete shit show!! Sadly, Russell has some nice insight but it gets ruined... Please just show the World Feed

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I actually liked the inboard footage, just hearing the bikes and the track commetator in the background and the team reactions. Very refreshing

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Get the subscription... I put the TV on in the garage while watching on the IPad as well but couldn't hit the mute button fast enough.. Shaheen and Russell were jawing it up too much..