1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin vs Bridgestone

Discussion in 'General' started by jdhaasjr, Jun 10, 2008.

1. jdhaasjr

jdhaasjr Trackday junkie

I currently run trackdays, ( intermediate group) and ride street with Michelin Pilot Powers on a 2002 R1. I was thinking of switching to Bridgestone BT 002 RS. I know this primarily is a race oriented board, but does anyone have any exprience with both the Pilot Powers and the BT002 RS and can compare them grip and handling wise. The pilot powers have served me well, but may switch because the B'stones are a little cheaper. Any input would be gladly accepted.

David

2. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Michelin's equivalent wouldn't be the Pilot Powers, it would be the Power Race Mediums. They're excellent tires.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

As the Bridgestone guy I can tell you that both are great for what you are doing. Try the both and see what you like better. They will feel different from each other for sure.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Bridgestone > *

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

stick with street tires for the I group, they're more than sticky enough! then, when you get the bump to advanced, consider race tires. Honestly, race tires are a waste for the Intermediate group- at those speeds, Pilot powers will last longer and stick just fine.
    Lance