1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michele Obama says white flight ruined her neighbourhood

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No doubt. She is one of the most racist public figures I have ever seen.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And that's what us peasants are privy to in a public arena. Imagine how bad she is behind closed doors when the tape isn't running.

kangasj likes this.
  3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I get that.
    The issue I’m getting at is we can’t have a civil discussion about it. It always comes to “they blaming whitey”. You and I can have a discussion about it, but for most folks it’s too sensitive a subject. The concerns are either marginalized or it’s written off as a blame game.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That’s because 99+ times out of a hundred, it is a blame game.

Those of us capable of having a conversation about race relations are sick and tired of the “when did you stop beating your wife” bullshit.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I disagree. Having a civil discussion doesn’t mean you simply ignore the sensitive parts of the topic. I would counter that the “they blaming whitey” response wouldn't be a response if not for the fact - they are blaming whitey. It’s not the response that should become the focus. It should be the actions and comments that elicit such response.

How do you propose how someone should respond to MOs nonsense? I didn’t get any response from a prior post where I suggested she needed to concentrate on the contributing underlying causes. So what type of discussion is deemed appropriate. ​

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And what, exactly, is to be gained from Michelle's assertions? Even if what she said were true, it's
    all water under the bridge. What does she expect? What's her purpose? How much can she bench press?

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Let’s exclude ‘them’ and focus on this thread in particular. Has anyone gotten the sense that I’m blaming whitey? I think we’re understanding what MO is saying differently, but damn if anyone wants to hear an alternate viewpoint

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's a chicken or egg thing. If you see the single most valuable thing you own in jeopardy what do you do? If the change in ethnic makeup is seen as a threat? Racist? Perhaps but maybe it's just an economic decision. If there wasn't much of a threat of gangs and crime do you think white flight would occur?

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

The threat from gangs & violence is directly connected to the values dropping. Yeah, chicken & egg, but I’d argue that the lowering values invite the unsavory.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So how do you combat the devaluing?

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The ultimate answer to this conversation is “freedom has consequences”.

Whatever portion of “white flight” can be attributed to racism is a symptom of a larger societal issue. It’s nigh useless to focus on it per se.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And why did the values drop? According to MO.

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Something somewhat related-
    “Poolside Patti” used to live behind me. That incident happened in my neighborhood.

14. britx303

Are we supposed to research this as a deflection? Or is it actually related to the fact that MO is blaming white flight for nice areas turning ghetto?

15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

No, this is an illustration of shit I, and others have to deal with. I don’t expect you to understand.

16. britx303

Why would you not expect me to understand? Go for it,....seriously. Im not your ordinary white bread white boy with a leave it to beaver upbringing. Elaborate.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude or is it Bruh :D
    I’m all ears.

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That in 2020, I’m living with actual racist shit happening around me, not the perception of it. You cats are worried about what a woman said/meant in an interview, I’m worried about the physical presence of it.

that part.

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Buck, while I certainly won't deny racism exists, I think you'd be surprised how rare it is in the real world. What I mean by that is most people are good folks and don't give a rats ass about what color your skin is or what religion you practice. There's certainly a few bad eggs in the bunch, but the "powers that be" would have you believe that number is much higher than it is because they use racism and division as a vehicle to gain and keep power.
    If both sides quit dwelling on it, for the most part it would cease to exist. The issue most posting here have with MO is just that. She's launching jabs instead of simply saying, "Hey folks, how about we all just get along."

cav115 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

You’re going to make me google “poolside Pattie”? :D