1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud pipes and the knuckle dragging morons that use them

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Jun 24, 2018.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Said by me, to HarleyDude..insistently blipping his FatBoy (downtown Helen GA about 10 yrs ago).."Will it not idle properly"?? Yeah it will...."Then how about let it".....he looked at me like I said him Mum was a Cunt....but he didn't blip it again, at least not till he was away from me...My wife and I were on our UltraClassic...LOL

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

This is the motorcycle equivalent of...

Person A: "Would you like a mint/gum?" (while offering)

Person B: "No, I'm good."

Person A: "You need to take it."

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

My neighbor just acquired a late 90s Harley. Really clean bike that had some kind of zoomie exhaust.
    He was switching it out for a supertrapp looking setup that looked like a custom fabbed ducati system. I ran back to my tool box to grab some supplies to help! After we got it installed...he was blipping the throttle on the advice of a friend who said the fuel injection needs to adapt. (it has a carb...lol). Same helpful guy had bicycle pedals for foot pegs. Is this really a thing?:D

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Had about 20 sport bikes go by our house, which is a 35mph street in a residential area, revving the piss out of their bikes at 11pm last night. Bikelyfe or some crap like that is what they call themselves. Gives all sport bike riders a bad name.

Another pet peeve of mine is when the group of Harley riders feel the need to block an intersection when they are going through it. Yesterday I had to sit and wait, on a green turn arrow, because some asshat was blocking the turn lane while his buddies drove through the light. The crazy part is we were all traveling on a 4 lane road in the same fricking direction!

Hooligan and Gorilla George like this.
  7. I can’t stand that shit. I see modern sportbikes doing it all the time.

I like the sound of a bike as it “naturally” goes by (meaning an appropriate rev range for the circumstances). But assmunchers who blip at red lights, or ride around town at 10k RPM get on my nerves.

8. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

I live near a college and that shit goes on all the time here. Crotch rocket jockeys and Hardleys ripping up and down the main road at full bore, blipping the throttle at red lights and banging if off the red limiter every chance they get.

I just sit back and laugh wondering if they realize how bad they are abusing their engines. Livengood would cringe at the sight/sound of it. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I always downshift and wail on it when I ride by your house. Now imma have to bounce it off the red limiter for ya when I come by late at night!

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I love the sound of a twin at full song, especially a priller! I4's just sound like someone is chocking a flock of geese, it's just noise... for some reason race bikes don't bother me a bit and I actually love the sound of them at a track racing. Its just a different tone even though I know that sounds crazy.

11. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

How do you chock a flock of geese? :moon:

dobr24 likes this.
  12. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Man... same shit on Victory PKWY by my house... that little straight from Eden Park to McMillan. Every evening shitty straight pipes on damn Sportbikes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

My street bike has a loud pipe but through side country with lots of houses I put it in 6th and drive 50. Or just pull in the clutch and you cant even hear it.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This.... And that shitty tubing is a joke up there... Took my Kids 10 Years ago and walked more in the creeks than floated...

15. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

[​IMG]

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done the WTF look at people next to me about every time I've been up there :crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was better in the 80's when I was the only idiot running around Corryville with an open pipe because the packing blew out of my Kerker :D

18. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

what was the kerker on , that will tell the tale.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

81 GS 750. I really did keep the revs down after dark, didn't want to attract attention from the cops. Especially with the XL250 tags on it... And my license being less than current.... And it not being in my name.... :crackup:

Kyle Brosius and track wagon like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That town looks like a tourist hell hole.