1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Mar 17, 2011.

1. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

Yea i was checking that out too!

All around it was a good season opener. I was bummed out that Ben couldnt get past Rossi sooner, because as soon as he did he closed the gap considerably. If Stoner stays rubber down i dont think there are a whole lot of (if any) people who can hang. The yami's looked WAY down on power coming down the straight. I was bummed for Nicky too, even though he picked up a few spots from where qualified.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It wasn't an excuse dipshit, it was a fact. Another fact is that the mistake falls squarely on his shoulders.

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

another trick in HRC's bag is that super trick shifting they put it. When they had Stoner up on screen you could hear that bike ripping through gears and it definitely sounded faster than the usual up-shifts....

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm curious about this transmission Honda has now and how it compares to F1 tech. Not much said about it except it "spins the next gear up before it engages".

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Randy DePuniet sounds like Jean Girard, and that makes me happy

6. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

7. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

8. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

if a great rider is on a sub par bike....it will look better than it really is in the hands of the rest of the grid.

Biaggi on the Yamaha M1 for 2002......2nd place over all with 8 podiums including 2 wins

The Yamaha M1 in 2003 with Checa, Jacque and Barros.....best out of those 3 was 7th overall and one podium

Rossi on the M1 in 2004....won the title with 11 podiums including 9 wins.

Just like Stoner on the Ducati....when an alien is on a lesser bike, they can still make some magic. Pedrosa is the only alien I question being able to still do well on a different bike (other than the current M1).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Spies signed a Yamaha contract for 2010/2011.....so maybe he was getting factory parts last year after all. :)

11. Demented

Maybe, maybe not. Yamaha is more of the type of company that focuses their energy on one person. HRC is more the type of company that will throw all the money in the world at nearly all of their riders and not caring if they have a dozen bikes to throw in the bin after the race, so long as they take the top spot.

They want that 800cc title bad this year.

12. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

You better seek medical assistance. Your hard on for Stoner has lasted more than 4 hours. :Poke:

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Which makes you wonder how far out of the gate they are yet on their 2012 1000cc development plans.

14. Demented

They probably started work on one in 2008 after they realized they'd never win an 800cc championship with their special weapon.

15. JT252

JT252 Well-Known Member

I was watching the eurosport feed and it said marco had full HRC support whereas his teammate didnt.....Marco's bike has a slot right in the middle of the air intake(just like the repsols)....aoyama's doesnt. I was actually impressed with the straight-line speed of Yamaha,it didnt seem like Lorenzo was losing much time on the straights

16. Demented

Remove the draft and he was losing a decent amount on the straights in practice and qualifying.

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i've been talking about this with a few people this year. It seemed like a BIG, noticeable push this year, compared to other years, at least in recent history. Here now, 4 factory bikes with 4 potential champions, especially the front two the way they've been riding, and 5 riders... 6 if you count LCR.

And then you look at Endurance/roads... and normally HM Plant was like, "the team", and now they got that Honda Legends team with McGuinness, Plater, and Amor... all guys that can/have stood on the podium.

Then Kyonari still.

Then Rea.

They're seriously trying to make a statement this year. Find it pretty interesting in a year where others have scaled back some cause of the economy, they seem to be just dumping money at whatever is needed to get a trophy.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

:crackup:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't posted anything about him.

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

"Running with" and beating are two very different things.

But I'm glad I never made it to a computer to change my pics. :D