1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looky Looky What I Found !

Discussion in 'General' started by eric hunter, Aug 6, 2012.

1. You know how you go into a store for something completely different than what you come out with ? I went into a friend's jewelry store this weekend to get a pair of my wife's earrings repaired. Walking around while the jeweler did the repairs, I found this MotoGP Tissot watch back in his office ! I asked him what he had it back there for and he said he'd had it on the floor for year with no takers, so he put it back here for a salesperson of the year reward. They could sell, it give it away, give it to a hubby whatever. He just wanted the damn thing gone. Hell, he goes "you want it? You ride motors"
    faack yeh", I sez...uhmm, how much?" "Well, it goes for $895.00, so how about $400 now"."Double faack yeh...SOLD !"
    It came in a neat box with a little full face helmet setup. In the helmet was the watch and two motorcycle grips with Tissot and MotoGP emblems on them; two folders with MotoGP rider stats and race track histories; and a MotoGP swag bag. The watch back has a MotoGP rider on the back and the watch frame resembles a brake rotor with a carbon fiber face a la brake pads.
    Pretty effin' cool and the deal of the year.:up:
    I told hm he just guaranteed a big buy from his store from me for my wife this Christmas.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

3. Apologies for the blurry pix - these are better.

Attached Files:

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Nice find! :up:

5. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

SCORE!

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

And...he Scores..:D I hate you...:crackup:

7. Don't know you, but you suck

8. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Well done sir ! :beer:

9. I had a guy PM me about the motorcycle gauges in the background of the pix. They are totally restored speedo/tach from a 1974 Honda 500SS ! A guy in Atlanta does the work and it's "good as new". He re-furbishes the working parts and repaints the faces, numerals, etc. Cherry! No, he's not cheap and no, he's in no hurry, but damn worth it IMHO, If you like your stuff to be "just right." PM me if you want his contact info or look in the back adverts of a Cycle News/Cycle World.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

ha. i was gonna ask, "how much for the clocks?" :D

11. trancework

trancework It's always now...

SUHWEEET!!!

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow. Nice find, Dude. :beer:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

They had these at Laguna.

15. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I got the same one on closeout down here for $285.

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I keed, I keed. :p

Nice watch.

17. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Very nice.................Borat voice!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hate you! :D