Looking for a Racer

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boaide, Feb 13, 2002.

1. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

With the removal of the 30mm carb limitation on DS-7s, I built a DS-7 to run in GP-350. With my current V-2 (TD-3) and F-500 (RD-400)bikes and classes, I will only be able to run the DS-7 in GP-500. I am very curious to know how it would do in GP-350. If a racer with some credentials (and some experience with racing with a piston/port 2-stroke)is interested and has that race slot open, I would like to discuss the possibility of lending the DS-7 for the GP-350 class at the first Summit race. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't raced a TD/TZ 250 type setup before as it takes a while to get used to the powerband. It is essentially a TD-3 engine with iron liners, and a wet clutch.

Fred

2. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Fred: Are you going to bring the bike to Roebling on February 28? There should be plenty of practice time and I hope to have my DS7 finished by then. Maybe we could do a side-by-side comparison.
    Lyn Garland

3. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Lyn,

Can't make Roebling unfortunately. First time out is Summit.

Fred

4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

hey fred would that be a season long ride? one race would be okay too. i have no experience on anything but rd's 350 and 400. being a 250 would mean you can crank the throttle on way WAY early right? rich lucas

5. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Rich,

If we can keep it running, it could be all season. I win GP-500 and you win GP-350. I have to warn you that they are alot different than reed valves though. You are certainly the type of racer I would want on it. You can enter GP-350 at Summit with it if you want to. What's your number? I have 669, can we change it with some black/white tape?

6. ringdingding

345 is my # right now but, #1 sounds even better.i would love to beat a bunch of larger cc, heavy slow diesels that ... well you know. how about the Roger Lyle tune and test day at summit in late march, any possibility of a shake down tape is fine i use it all the time

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

OH NO!!! Rich Lucas on a really fast bike?!?! [​IMG] Look out Fred, if he likes it, he might want to use it for f-500 too! [​IMG]

8. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Rich must really enjoy his snack cakes. [​IMG]

9. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

I didn't see a test and tune day on the calendar. If there is one I'd like to shake down both my "new" RD-400 and the DS-7.

Let's plan on going up to Summit.

Fred

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

What makes you think I'm heavy?

11. ringdingding

Hey Fred, check out marrc.org for tune and test dates. Thurs. march 28th is the one we want before first summit point race. I will be there with my snack cakes for Diesel.

12. ringdingding

Sorry Diesel, I didnt get in on the other thread, 2stroke vs 4stroke, but I have read most of it and enjoyed everyones comments very much, so I couldnt help taking a shot at you 4 strokers.

13. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Ok, Rich, I'll sign up when I find it. I plan to be there with the DS-7 and my Rd-400.

14. ringdingding

I'll be there.

15. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I guess that'll teach me for naming my first computer (the station from which I surf the net) "Diesel". I should have known that it invariably would become my alias.

16. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Rich,

I went to the MARRC site and couldn't find the test and tune day info?

Fred

17. ringdingding

go to calender and scroll down almost to the bottom See roger lyle tune and test days at summit and phone #, any way I think you just show up with your racers license and register. I'll call the # tomorrow and find out. I'll be in touch with you Fred.

18. wera331

wera331 Well-Known Member

what time do the gates open on the 28th?

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Bring that thing to nelson, I'll ride that beast...

20. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

What?!?! Lizard on a 2stroke?!?!? That would be like me riding a diesel. Oh, wait, nevermind.... [​IMG]