1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets' see some your bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Jan 13, 2011.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My 1990 VFR 400 NC 30 finally completed :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tl1098, lee955i, R1M370 and 11 others like this.
  2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Just playing around with how to attach photos to the forums. It's been a minute since I've been active.

[​IMG]

L8RSK8R likes this.
  3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

2013 Yamaha FZ8 bike.jpg

Wing nut likes this.
  4. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Not sure I have ever posted this one here. This is the 2nd RC51 I built. Its one of those, "Should'a kept it!" bikes. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Newyork, motion, Chain and 11 others like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This motorcycle has a story. I had a best friend since I was 2 years old. We grew up across the street and were like brothers. He had a Yamaha 70 that we used to buzz all over the place on. Fast forward to our grown years, I had a CB1100F and he wanted a street bike, so we tracked this cherry Nighthawk down around 1996 and he bought it. His wife was pissed so he kept it in my garage and said to ride it whenever I wanted. And that I did, probably put 4,000 miles on her. Around 2002 he finally put it in his garage and let it sit. The license plate on it is from 2003, the last time it was ridden. And the things that happen to a bike that sits happened to this one. Carbs were a mess, fork seals blown, all turn signal turned to brittle, etc, etc. Well, my best friend passed away in 2014, and his family gave the bike to me. I tucked it in a shed and let it sit, where it rotted away further. 4 years ago I moved it into my heated garage and said I'm going to restore it, but I never did. Finally this year I got an itch to restore every bike I have in my garage or get rid of them. This is the first and it's turned out quite well. My total investment to get it back on the road is $813, not bad. Next is my RZ350:D

[​IMG]

cpettit, evakat, worthless and 16 others like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I always liked the look of those, wanted one back in the day. Always thought it was too bad it was a 700 instead of 750.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I had that same bike, color and all. Put 10,000+ miles on it. Loved it. I wasn't crazy about the 16" front wheel, but . . . . I wish I'd never sold it. I didn't get much for it - maybe $1,800 in the early '90's. Great bike. Never did anything extraordinary - except run, run, run - but it did it all, all the time, with minimal attention.

Cheers,

Dave

rd400racer likes this.
  8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Loved the Nighthawk S! Red is the best color too!

evakat and rd400racer like this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There was an ad board for Nicole Benisti - Point Zero clothing with one of those Nighthawk S and a hot babe sitting on it. It made me sprain my neck on a few occasions :D

rd400racer likes this.
  10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2021-12-17-09-26-08-744.jpg 1599685721727.jpg Editing made this Here'spost all screwy outta sequence..but here are a few of my projects....always wanted a SRAD so picked this B/W one up going to repaint in Lucky Strike endurance colors.

My Old R/W GSXR...circa 1989
    Everything at it approx 820cc Carillo,Cosworth,Duplex, Yosh headwork

My RZ350 Project.
    Ported 4mm stroker motor,32mmTMs,Custom F/R suspension, MagTek rims & YZR bodywork.

VFR750 projects.

Then the RE 500 Bullet, I like this bike better than the rest! It does nothing well but delivers endless smiles.
    Then the 96 olive green/cream A.C.E. wanted one ever since I first saw one picked this one up a few months ago and now I have it!
    full]190964[/ATTACH]
    IMG_20190610_235404.jpg
    IMG_20210215_170153.jpg
    IMG_20200909_140915.jpg
    IMG_20200909_140858.jpg
    IMG_20210921_133213.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    Photo and evakat like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

993TT?

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Where?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like the two pictures have magically turned into black squares.

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

FIFY. The end.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’ll give you tree fiddy for it if you want to sell it.

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If I ran across a deal for tree-fitty on a blue one I might settle :D

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

How did you roll those last bikes out on the sand without tire tracks ?? Old Indian trick ??

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

mine looks nothing like this and im still drooling over this. Who has it now?

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When I bought a FJ1100 the wife wanted to learn to ride on my older V4 Sabre. It was just too heavy for a learner bike so I got her a CB700SC (blue is the best, by the way). Nothing truly inspiring about that bike but it was a great bike to teach newbies on. Easy to control, not intimidating and fast enough to keep up on group rides. These were the days when the only decent small bike was a ninja 250 and that had real limitations.

20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Ha..Yes. started life as a supercharged 911, then turbo, now twin turbo, bored stroked at just over 700 h.p. on a cool day w methonol injection. Every component on her is built like a endurance racer w many custom parts. She's been reliable for almost 6-7 years. Civil and can be driven all day long...unless your in traffic...the clutch is brutal on ones leg in bumper to bumper.
    Power to weight ratio...is beyond belief, can't really explain the viseral feeling of speed....but this will quite easily walk away from all my motorcycles...and destroy them in sweeping canyons. Tires are 355 tucked
    Last of 911 tin boxes...lol

HPPT likes this.