1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the rumor mill begin - 2012 Rides (AMA, WSBK, WSS, MotoGP...)

Discussion in 'General' started by anupe, Aug 16, 2011.

1. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Well, this is the time of year when things get crazy and riders are trying to secure rides for the next season. So, come on Beeps, I know you have it in you! What says you?

I'll kick it off!

Prediction: Herrin and Eslick on Superbikes in 2012

Prediction: Hopper back in MotoGP

Prediction: JD Beach on the world stage

2. Chip

Chip Registered

I hope there is racing and I hope that some people get paid to do it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know for sure WERA will still be in business putting on races in 2012.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Prediction: Team Hammer returns to race WERA Endurance while also running their AMA program.

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

1. SImoxaus realizes he can make the same money as a Hollywood stuntman and quits racing

2. Mongo loses 88 pounds on Jenny Craig

3. The entire 2Fiddy class has a back shaving party in Dits bus at Jennings

4. DaveK finds out that he can see over the counter at Mcdonalds and robs them with a shotgun during Mcrib month

5. The Beeb implodes and goes offline when Papa has baited and robbed 75% of the users and they riot.

o.k......none of this will happen (maybe) but it's fun to dream, right?

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:up:

7. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

this thread will be funny in a year

8. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

This is great to hear as I know the economy is not the best right now. WERA is hear to stay! Now, does that mean WERA as we know it now in 2011 will be the same in 2012????

What is almighty Sean's prediction on what WERA 2012 will look like????

Prediction: More "potential" new racers will continue to say "I would race WEAR, but that Mongo guy is a d@#:Poke:

9. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

WERA goes to NJMP!!:clap:

Still have my fingers crossed....:D

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Like that would ever happen.

I hate Jennings. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NJMP won't work with us on the price last I checked so it's doubtful. They actually are the ones who pay for the CCS weekends so it's a totally different deal than we can get especially since we'd then be in competition with the track we're trying to rent from.

Endurance series may be cut back to 4 or 5 four hours until things pick back up. That is NOT a 100% sure thing yet.

Working on some things to expand the NC region.

12. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Prediction:
    1.Laverty gets a GP ride potentially Colin Edwards seat.
    2.Colin Edwards retires instead of going back to WSBK.
    3.Haga retires
    4.Hopper goes to WSBK if he can't get a GP ride.
    5.Chaz Davies to WSBK!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  13. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

so its not a safety issue ?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, the only concerns I had were the same as everyone else prior to people I know and trust getting track time there or me seeing it in person and figuring out if it was safe enough for us to run at. I haven't been there yet but I've talked to people I know and trust on those issues (sorry but not all racers are created equal when it comes to looking at track setup stuff) and I would be comfortable doing an event there. Granted I'm talking about only the one course.

15. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I'll say tougher year financially than we saw this year for AMA at least. More people left out in the cold without rides that shouldn't be due to not enough $ / sponsors. Also we'll see less big rigs, more small rigs, and more teams sharing transport costs.

Oh, and Luke Lucky to Supersport! :D

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Oh? I like it. :D

17. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Pedrosa will win 2-4 races in 2012, but will not be able to challenge for the championship...

due to unforeseen challenges....:D

(That is for you Papa so that next year I can claim to have predicted a broken shoulder or some other calamity for Team Dani)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're trying. As much shit as I get from riders up there it's still my home region and I truly don't want to kill it.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I hear that half of the WERA racers are leaving because Mongo is a big meanie on the WERA BBS.
    I also hear that the other race org is folding because they grid by pre-entry so everyone is leaving them.
    Another thing I heard is that Yorgay is quitting MotoGP to join Cirque Du Soleil, or was it the New York Ballet Company because Simo is too rough and he will just not put up with it.
    Lastly I hear that John Hopkins is going to race BSB, AMA, and WERA National Challenge Series and that him and Desiree Crossman are patching things up.
    It's all rumors though. :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There will be 6 Hondas on the MotoGP grid, 4 Yamahas, 6 Ducati and 3 Suzukis.