1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas Bicycle accident

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Dec 11, 2020.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Even my kid knows not to ride his bike in the road.... and he's 5.

Not anticyclist at all. I'm saying you takes your chances and Im all for y'all doing what you love and errrythang but sometimes having rights to do something doesn't make it wise.

Like fat chicks wearing spandex.... just cause you can get it on doesn't mean you should wear it.

Shit I'd love to ride my bike around here and there are bike lanes but the right to do so and designated space to do so does not give me immunity from physics and distracted drivers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I see no reason to ban bicycles it is like a motorcycle ride at your OWN risk.
    A lot of people do not like bicycles on the road it's the same guys in pickup trucks that get on your ass at 80 miles an hour on the freeway
    I'm in southern California so the situation I'm going to explain next I'm sure you all know but it is highly aggravating when you are in a car anywhere the Santa Monica mountains Mulholland drive Palm Desert up the Ortega highway you often get 30 -50 team spandex men in tights.(especially in Palm Springs)... n"that there's anything wrong with that"
    While riding in a long & wide pack, up steep inclines or down all the twisties

They may be riding fast ..but they're still moving 20-30 up to even 50 mph an hour slower than the cars and many of them have that Uber arrogant uvk you attitude " Share The Road"
    While it is true it's no different then riding a motorcycle except you even expose yourself to even greater potential harm done on a motorcycle.
    Most motorcycle fatalities are what at 30-40 mph..next time look at your speedometer when you're doing 30 or 40 and realize it you cater object with any resistance you're probably going to die... Same goes for a bicycle getting hit by a vehicle that is immensely more heavy.....
    I would never ride my bike on the busy streets I've almost been hit several times on my mountain bike just going to the trails...lol
    It is what it is it's unfortunate when somebody gets hurt or worth it's a busy World out here now just got to suck it up go with the flow even if the flow gets inhibited buy a train of slow-moving bicycles.
    I do wish they do single file a little more often but some of these guys hats off to him so damn good athletes most of them probably

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you trying to make it sound like it was his decision? :crackup:

4. SirCrashAlot

His choice lol

He also knows not to bother an eating or sleeping animal lol.

He has every right to... just knows it isn't a wise decision.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I agree that they all have the legal right to do it and don't hate on them for doing so (unless they are riding side by side blocking traffic, no patience for that bullshit). I'm just not surprised at the outcome.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

You may want to learn the rules of the road of the state you live in before calling people out:

ORC-4511.55 Operating bicycles, electric bicycles, and motorcycles on roadway.
    (B) Persons riding bicycles, electric bicycles, or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles, electric bicycles, or motorcycles.

Just saying.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So I should stay off the road because people are assholes and can't drive ?
    Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans. That's a legal principle that means you can't cite your own stupidity (or negligence) as an excuse.

dobr24 likes this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I know what the law is but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb move. I know you are a bike guy but maybe .01% of the people in this world are aware of those laws...... even fewer care about them.

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

What's Latin for Road Pizza?

5axis and Kyle Brosius like this.
  10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So long as the judge and jury do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Group Ride?

Oh sorry you said Latin
    Coetus Gestatio..

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The posthumous award will be great for your family.

redtailracing likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Doing just fine? If I jump out of a plane without a parachute, I'll be just fine until I hit the ground. I'll be just like a bird until then.Your rebuttal is one of the most poorly conceived counterpoints I have seen on this forum. That, my friend, is saying something. Is it okay to walk down a busy highway? Why, or why not?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yes it would wouldn’t it.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yes they were doing just fine. They were riding along following a sag wagon as legal vehicles on a legal road to travel when a vehicle violated the state law that says cyclists must be given at least 3 feet of space when being passed. Are you really going to argue that? The truck also hit the sag wagon, a car. He obviously was out of control of his/her vehicle which is a violation that makes him culpable for the accident. Wind may have been a factor but that doesn’t eliminate his failure to control. Those are the facts as reported. I have no idea what the fuck you are spouting on about. Maybe you should go skydiving.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Do you know how not to be an involuntary hood ornament?

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't need to argue shit. There is zero chance of me dying on a bicycle on a busy highway. I'll concede the point. The bicyclists were doing nothing illegal. I'm sure that makes the survivors feel better.

18. SirCrashAlot

Survivors of People Legally Attempting Things

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    scottn and R Acree like this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Borrow money from the mob and pay it back?

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Are you really this incapable of understanding simple logic? Or are you just being purposely obtuse? Or got backed into a corner and don't want to admit it?

Who cares what is legal about this whole situation? The cyclists are dead. End of story. They were probably 100% obeying the law. Still dead. They probably still have families that will now be missing fathers, brothers, sons, etc. You think if you could bring them back and ask them to do it over, they would say "Well I was well within my rights, so yea?" Based on the description of that stretch of highway from other members on this board, what they did was dumb and unfortunately they paid a horrific price for it. That doesn't take any blame away from the driver. But it does mean the cyclists did not make a good decision. People are legally allowed to do a lot of stupid stuff. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.