1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap times at road atlanta?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VFR#52, Oct 6, 2001.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What are the laps times of the vintage 6 guys at road atlanta?I was wondering how quick there times are!I am going to the GNF,figuerd that it would help to know how fast there going.Thanks!

VFR#52

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i dont know about v6, but the petit le mans guys were doing sub 1:20's eek!

3. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

was that at night or during daylight?

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I saw 'em doing 16's during the day and low 20's at night. That was the GT1 class I think.

5. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

If someone could tell me where to aim for on the bridge before the drop to the concrete wall, maybe I would improve my times there. Some people have told me point to a part of the bridge which leads me to the inside (vintage) pit area, not good. Others have led me to the outside and then I risk hitting the wall. LOL

6. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

The outside's the fast line. I don't look at the bridge.

7. WERA103

WERA103 Guest

I'm with Mark on that. Peg it to the throttle stop, get to the outside and down the hill you go. I float out to the outside rubble strip and then turn in from there.

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well now i know how to get down the hill!LOL!Whos the fastest at it?And what are his lap times?LOL!You guys are killing me!Ok that fast old guy,whats his name?I think he rides one of those suzukis,1100 i think!Let me know if you know!Thanks!

VFR#52

9. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Fast old guy? Thats either, Dale Burroughs, Rob Wigdorski, or Ward Cook, either way they are all pretty old [​IMG] (oh yeah pretty fast too)

j/k guys don't run me over on lap 6 on the back straight [​IMG]

They gotta be turning mid 30's anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Don Kinsey

[This message has been edited by Don_728 (edited 10-08-2001).]

10. schwantzmobile

schwantzmobile Byron Tucker #80 expert?

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well I know about the age stuff,im 37!Im tired off racing kids half my age while there daddy works and pays the bills for kicking my rear all over the track!LOL!Kevins a nice guy!So is Mr Polen!Hope they dont decide to race!Kevin said at one time he mite!Stay Home!LOL!But i will be there to meet everyone!Just look for the VFR 750 trying to look fast!LOL!Looking forward to meeting Mr Burroughs.Till then thanks.C-YA

VFR #52

12. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

hey vfr, 1 37's or 36's will get you up front in the race. come look me up in atlanta and i'll help you if i can. see ya, rob. oh yeah, i ride an old gsxr 1100, and i'm not old byron. lol.