1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kymco 125?

Discussion in 'General' started by Suburbanrancher, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Anybody have any experience with these (particularly the Agility 125s) as a pit scooter? Currently have a Zuma 125 and I'm tired of having to jumpstart it from a dead battery - the Kymco's are still carbureted with a kickstart backup from what I've seen.

Just wondering how they are with quality, longevity, durability, etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Pretty sure Barry Boone has been running around on one. He talks about them all the time on the AMA flattrack races.

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We have a couple of them in the fleet of bikes we use for training (MSF classes). They run okay as long as they get used regularly. Like any carbureted bike if you let it sit too long it gets hard to start and runs funky.

One of them developed a slightly annoying clutch problem but it probably just needs service. When it's hot the clutch tends to engage a bit too abruptly.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Treat the fuel with stabilizer. Every drop.

5. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I have one. I use it almost every day. It currently has 28,000 km on it (odo measures in kilometers). It starts every time and runs like a champ. I don't know how it would run if it sat for weeks / months between rides, but it is a great bike for daily stuff. Yes, it has a kick starter.

You oughta get one, put a plate on it, and use it for all those little trips you now take in the car. Gas savings add up in a hurry. Next thing you know your scooter has paid for itself.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I bought 1 this year. Considering the price, performance, scooter forum reviews, parts availability, dealership network, partnership with Kawasaki and 2 year warranty I don't think you can go wrong. Mine sometimes goes a few days between starts and starts easily every time. I've also been using it as a lightweight grocery getter

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  7. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Don't let the battery go dead. Problem solved.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

We sold Kymcos for a few years. Excellent quality and durability.

9. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Yea.. Ya big Dummy... Besides..:Poke:

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Problem with the Zuma is when you take a bunch of short trips, like scootin' around the paddock on weekends. It simply doesn't charge the battery enough and the damn thing dies after a month or two. Been through two batteries (09 Zuma), and frankly the lack of kickstarter sucks.

Could I trickle-charge it every week? I guess. But having to do that sucks too.

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Chris my Zuma 50 does the same thing.

I installed a battery tender jumper cable to it for quick hook up.

But your right ,, it always dies at the worst time when you need it most.