1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KX brakes not like those on my GSXR!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

I bought a KX 125 the other day. Nothing special, a couple of years old, to give me something to do during the off weekends...

Anyway, it has been out in the garage (I am at the in-laws, going home tomorrow, finally!!) and I could stand it no more. I went out and fired her up. Its about 25 degrees here so I let her warm up for a good while ( I cold seized my cr 80 in 1983, and my dad made me skip a race weekend "to learn a lesson"). Took her up and down the 100 yard paved driveway a couple of times to get the feel (195 lbs sure is heaven compared to the GSXR!). On the third pass I had all I could stand. I took her through the first three gears like I was headin for T1 at Road A. I get to the end and grab the brake (all front, of course) and those two piston Nissins with EBC's just aren't grabbin that 220mm rotor like those six pots on my GSXR.

Quick swerve to the right to miss her Dad's work truck, on to the dirt, past the garage and the tree line is comin up fast! I grab a little back brake to help out the hurtin front, swing the foot out and back her in. Made it but it was close.

Lesson learned: Little cold rotor with cold pads does not work like two big warm rotors!!

Hope all is well...I hadn't visited the BBS in sometime (and trust me it was killin me!) and there is too many posts to catch up on. I am startin fresh and only readin the posts from now on. Let me know if there are any I need to read!

Ryan

2. AnthonyDuc

AnthonyDuc Well-Known Member

750ss in clubman

WE'LL I JUST HAD TO. [​IMG]

3. brian

brian Well-Known Member

i had a friend who wasn't so lucky. he had serviced the brakes during bad weather and had never pumped them up. a month or so went by and he finally got her out. ran up and down the street never even going fast enough to use the brakes. all of a sudden out of know where he starts grabbing gears next thing you know hes headed for the woods full throttle 5th gear. thinking he has brakes he applies them hard. thus realizing he has no such thing. enters the woods normally at around 20 but know decides he will try it at 60. bad move, trees don't move even when your ten feet in the air. ejects himself from the bike just in time and doesn't get hurt. bike on the other hand doesn't make it.

4. keith newton

keith newton Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan,
    Have you been in TN. with the in-laws, or
    West Virginia. If it was TN. wave as you
    go by. I used to have a KX 125 it was a blast the thing would pull fifth gear wheelies, granted this was back in highscool
    when I wasn't quite as tall or was that thick?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMAO [​IMG]

6. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

I started on the Clubman post but you all get out of control. lol

Keith, I was in Smyrna the last two days. We are headed back to GA in an hour. I will throw you a wave in a bit!

You going to be at Talladega in Feb?

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Nothing like that to get the adrenaline going. [​IMG]

8. AnthonyDuc

AnthonyDuc Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO ?
    This a new one on me help me out
    . [​IMG]
    Now that we got all that out of the way I would like to hear what your thoughts are.Yes I was alittle bold at first but, I wanted to get wera's attention not hardly that much attention I hope wera will forgive me.I must of had cabin fever or something (don't comment on the something please,thank you). [​IMG]
    Drop me a line let me know.xoxoxo

[This message has been edited by AnthonyDuc (edited 01-05-2001).]

9. Tracee Polcin

ROTFLMFAO=Rolling On The Floor Laughing My F*#king A$$ Off

I know you guys from Bama are a little slow so I thought I would help out. [​IMG]

10. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

Bama slow?...Oh your not talkin about on the track, are you?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Tracee Polcin

Hey now, I was taking a stroll down memory lane yesterday, looking at results from 98. And at RA I beat you Al. [​IMG]

12. wera122

wera122 Guest

That's it Tracee, just keep living in the past and you'll be fine. Nevermind the fact that you sucked last season and everyone beat you. [​IMG]