1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keith Code CCS vs Ed Bargy school

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazarus, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

A friend of mine is hell bent on spending $2300 plus airfare to go to Keith Code's school in Vegas next year. He says that KC has trained the majority of the AMA riders and that he wants to learn from the best. While I don't doubt Keith Code's school is great, I just don't think its $2300 worth of great and I prefer going to Ed's school which I will be doing next year. I want to help this guy to see that while Keith's school is good he doesn't need to spend all that money since he probably won't even race WERA let alone AMA. Does anyone know anything about the Code school? Am I wrong in thinking that it isn't worth it to go there? I know Ed's school is good but maybe someone can give some additional feedback on that as well.

I just want to do some WERA racing. I'm sure my friend will be doing mostly just canyon carving but hes big on safety and feels as though money is no object when it comes to safety and instruction.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I hear Lethal Rog has a pretty decent school, they video and erthing

3. Is the code the Code Race or the superbike school?

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

If he's going to go all that way he should do the Yamaha Champions school instead of Code. I haven't heard anyone ever say anything bad about their program. Nick Ienatsch, Ken Hill, Shane Turpin, instructors that are able to go fast and also explain to you how to do it as well.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Says you live in Atlanta in your info thingy, does your friend live there too? Why not try and talk him into keeping his money local. Several well reviewed schools within a couple of hours of Atlanta. Makes sense to me.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I think he just wants to go to Vegas, tells the wife he's doing a riding school :rolleyes: :D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I say let him spend his money wherever he wants.

Sounds like he's set on doing it, if you manage to somehow talk him out of it he'll always resent you for what he *thinks* he's missing by not going to KC.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

+1

9. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

I'd reccomend the Disalvo school! They are getting my $ next year!

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, let him go where his heart is. But tell him incongruently related, is this canyon carving and safety.

I'm taking the Polen School (when it comes back) or the Caylor School (when it opens :Poke:)

11. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Tell him to look up Jason Pridmore's star school. That school will teach anyone how to ride faster. And I mean anyone. And his prices are more than fair.

12. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

There's no way I would spend that on a school. It's his money though, let him do what he wants.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Seems like waste if he's just going to ride the canyons, if anything going faster in the canyons might lead to a swifter death, just sayin'. The thought just seems hypocritical to me.

14. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

It's open. It's called the Kevin Schwantz School. :up:

15. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

The superbike school.

16. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Thats a good point that I didn't think about. I think he just wants to say "Look at me, I was instructed by Keith Code, the guy who taught x rider, etc." but thats his business and money.

He does want to do some track days but I dont think hes going to be racing. I mean you don't have to go to a $2k school just to do trackdays, they have free instruction there.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

how would you rate your friend as a rider?

18. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

:lol:

He used to ride long time ago and recently brought a used Gixxer 1k. Took him into the mountains and he was so slow I had to keep waiting up for him after some turns. We went up into the mountains about 3-4 times and each time he got his confidence up and I guess skill. Last time we went I followed him for a bit and he was doing MUCH better than before. I had NO problem keeping up with him at about 75% of my own comfort level. I had to make a conscience effort to keep pace with him but I wasn't going balls out trying to.

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Get him bidding on Skips auctions for track schools :up:

20. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Skip is running an auction for track schools? I thought he was only auctioning off gear?