1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Wed. night Sep. 2

Just got off the phone with the nurse. Zac has been keeping her busy tonight. Zac had a fever that reached 105.3. They cooled him off and now it is down to 101.3. Zac vomited twice as well. After hearing that, I was a little down, but then she told me that Zac had been breathing on his own since about 12:00 or 1:00! She did say that respiratory was in his room now and might be having to make changes.

As she said, "It's one step forward and two steps back sometimes." This is an emotional roller coaster and I wouldn't be able to make it without knowing our Lord and Savior was in control and that He loves Zac even more than I do. Julia and I will be flying out early Fri. morning to go see him. Continue in prayer for Zac and the family. God Bless...

2. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Thursday update:

Zac's temp was 98.8 today. He needed help from the vent to be able to breathe. They had to remove his pic line in his right arm to rule out infection. Because of this, they put an IV in his left arm.

Jenny and Julia leave bright and early tomorrow morning for VA. She hopes to use the computer at the hotel to make updates.

3. just in time

just in time Well-Known Member

we hope zac is doing better today. we are still praying for you all.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Thinking about you guys. Praying for Zac.

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

best wishes to Zac and his family

6. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Get better Zac... Prayers

7. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Friday Sep. 4 updates:

Zac has had a rough day today. He has gone through 2 procedures. The first one was to put in a filter that is above his heart to prevent blood clots that were found in his right arm after his pic line was removed from traveling to places we don't want them to go. The ventricular drain that was in the right side of his head was not draining for some reason. They removed this one and put one in on the left side.

Zac is not breathing on his own today, the vent is doing it all. The movements that are in his legs are not purposeful movements, they are only reflex movements. This is one of those hard updates to give. Please everyone pray for Zac. He is in such need of prayer. I will try to get to a computer tomorrow to give another update. Love to you all...

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Still praying, even harder :(

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

We're pulling for you Zac.

10. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Saturday night Sep. 5:

Sitting here in the room with Zac and borrowing Alannah's laptop to give you an update. His temp is 99.5 with a fan blowing on him. The vent is set at 12 and he is not breathing any above the vent. He is having to endure the company of three women today! Poor thing, this may be overstimulation for him. Ha-ha. There is not much to report as far as changes. Keep the prayers coming for a miracle healing from God!!!!!!

The neurosurgeon has said that they may not put the shunt in now. Zac's pressures in the brain are low and there may be no need for the shunt. The team of Dr's make "grand rounds" on Tues. mornings and maybe a decision will be reached then about the shunt. If this is the case, then when Zac is stable enough, he could come to Texas to the LTAC in Ft. Worth.

The three of us (Alannah, Julia, and I) told Zac that he was pretty much a "couch potato" today, and that tomorrow he needs to show us some breathing above the vent. Today, the vent did all of his breathing for him. His temp was 99.7 when I left the hospital. Again, it seems to be a waiting game. I think it would be great if Zac does not need the shunt and he can come "home" to Texas.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Zac's birthday because we will not have time to do so on his actual birthday (Monday) because we will be flying home. Please continue in prayer for Zac. Nothing is impossible with God and I know that He loves him even more than I do!!!

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Thank you Yuliya for keeping us posted. We are all pulling for Zac!

12. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

C'mon Zac!

13. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Zac! You keep hanging in there. I'm praying for you everyday.

14. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Happy Birthday Zac!

15. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Still praying for you and your family Zac.

16. just in time

just in time Well-Known Member

happy birthday zac. in sundays chapel service at jennings we prayed for you to recover well.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Prayers said every day. C'mon Zac, you can make it!

18. Smylynyoda

Smylynyoda Member

praying for you Zac!!!

19. Team Rev

Team Rev Race Junkie

Happy birthday Zac, pray for you constantly.

20. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i met huntley nash in new jersey, i gave him a bunch of the helmet decals for him and the other racers, i hope zac gets well soon!