1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Sunday afternoon and evening:

4:51pm Spoke with Zac's nurse after church. They performed the EEG to test for seizure activity, but since it's the weekend, we may not find the results out until tomorrow. Other than that, no change in his condition. Zac is on the vent at a rate of 6. They attempted to let him breath on his own last night, but he was unable to. I'll update again tonight. Keep praying!!!

9.15pm Spoke with Zac's evening shift nurse who stated that Zac got a haircut! Now, all of Zac's hair should be the same length...buzzed. Zac still wasn't able to breath on his own completely, so the vent. rate is 8. There are still no results of the EEG, but we should hear something tomorrow. His temp. is 99. Still hoping soon in the future I will be able to report that Zac's eyes are open, or that he is having purposeful movement on a regular basis. We will all keep praying for that miracle healing!!! Thank you all so much for your love, concern, and prayers.

2. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

I got an email from Jenny, Zac's mom, they do have a Paypal account tied to her checking that can be used. I will personally vouch that any donations will be used to offset $933 in travel expenses and future travel etc.

The email to use for Paypal donations is robertumbaugh @ att.net (delete spaces around @). If you can help in any other way with travel and accommodations, including by donating or using frequent flier miles for tickets, please contact Jenny directly to coordinate at eviltwin65 @ sbcglobal.net (delete spaces around @).

Every little bit helps. I'm a mom and I cannot imagine how incredibly hard it is to have to be away from my son in such circumstances; I hope we can help until Zac can get strong enough to return to Texas.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

PM'ed you about frequent flier miles, I have some RT tickets I can donate. I have no idea how to exchange them for someone else's travel though. I'm sure some knowledgeable BBS peep will chime in though. :)

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Please post the to and from airports and when she needs to travel .

5. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys, you are awesome. Jenny told me she had to go ahead and purchase tickets with cash for this coming trip because seats were going fast (Zac's birthday is Sep. 7th) but I will pass on all info regarding miles as she does not know when the next trip would be, as you can imagine that would depend on Zac's condition and getting him back to Texas. I believe it would still be a huge help to pitch in for her travel expenses, though, the tickets were over $1000.. The Paypal info is two posts up.

Updates from last night (Monday Aug. 31)

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. She read to me some of the EEG report, but we agreed that a neurosurgoen should give their interpretation to make sure of the meaning. I can say that there were no seizure patterns present. This is not necessarily a good thing.

In a way, it would be better if Zac was having seizures, then that would explain why he isn't "coming out" of the coma more and they could give him more/different anti seizure medication that would hopefully stop them. Hope to be able to tell everyone more tomorrow about the EEG.

The vent. is at a rate of 6 and Zac is breathing 15-16. His temp. was 99.5 at its highest. The nurse did say that Zac was having movement in his legs, but not the arms tonight. He did react to a pinch in the neck/shoulder area by turning his head.

Therapy is coming in and moving his arms and legs so they don't get stiff. Of course, being a therapist myself, I can't help but do the same when I am there as well as making sure he is positioned well in the bed, etc.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who came to the "Zac Attack" Benefit. It looks as if over $7000 was raised!! Please pray that guidance will be given in all decisions ahead, whether financial or medical. We must do what's best for Zac. Continue to pray for a complete recovery for Zac!! Love to all of you...

6. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates Yuliya. Very serious condition indeed...prayers sent!

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Angelflightse.org

They can help get Zac closer to home, or point you in the right direction.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I don't believe Angel Flight can help move someone who needs constant medical care. It is just regular pilots flying regular airplanes. I think they can sometimes help families get to see their loved ones who are sick. It might be wise to contact them in this case.

The main site is www.angelflight.com

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Bummer, thanks for setting me straight. I should have done more research before posting.

10. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates Tuesday night (Sep. 1)

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. Zac spiked a temp today of 103.5, but it is down to 100.8. His heart rate is higher, but she said that is not unusual with a temp. Zac hasn't been able to breathe on his own completely for a while now, but the vent is at a setting of 6 with Zac breathing 12-14.

She said that the "team" (team of dr's) wanted Zac's spinal fluid to be infection free and then they could do the shunt. His pnemonia has cleared up. Please continue in prayer for Zac that the Lord will heal him completely and restore him completely. Pray for us, the family, that we will always put Zac's needs first!!! Love and gratitude to all...

I wanted to add something I forgot. Zac has not been moving his arms like he did that one time in a while. They are seeing leg movements however. It would be wonderful if he opened his eyes and had purposeful movements. We must continue to pray!!

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Prayers sent. I cannot imagine the anguish of having a child in this condition.

12. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Prayers sent....

13. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Still praying that God has his hands on this for all involved.

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Me too.

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Continued Prayers sent.

16. Doug De Keyrel

Doug De Keyrel Well-Known Member

I talked to Fred tonight at 8:45pm. Zac temp had just jumped to 105 and his heart rate went to 175. The nurses were putting cold towels on him and had his temp down to 103.
    Keep praying for Zac.

Here is a link for anyone who would like to see a video teaching on prayer. It is given by a young paster Jason Strand. I thought he does a great job. Enjoy

http://www.eaglebrookchurch.com/media_player.asp?type=large&messageID=41607

GOD BLESS

17. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

I visited Zac and Fred today. I had read about Zac's accomplishments over the last couple of years but never had the chance to meet him at the track. Zac's room is full of cards and pictures and Fred told me his phone has not stopped ringing from calls and text messages. It is obvious he a great young man. Please everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Miracles can and do happen.

I am going to stop by again tomorrow on my way out of town and will tell both Zac and Fred the WERA family is praying and pulling for him each and everyday.

Brian

18. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

More prayers his way for him and his family.

19. Trinity636

Trinity636 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent.

20. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Prayers sent!
    Lord please heal Zac and Bless his family and caregivers.