1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawi 250r race setup recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottahaveahonda

gottahaveahonda Well-Known Member

32.5 hp

That is the magic number you can get out of a 250.Its what the bike had when I got it and we where all very close on power. When I went to the GNF I could not draft by anyone Ted I could get next to but then have to get right back in his draft. Peter I could not stay in his draft,but I could catch him. I went into twelve with him, and he came out in the wrong gear down shifted and still got me by .01 of a second. I have been just watching the thread and have been silent. So is someone cheating? I guess 1 mile is not long enough on a 250 to get the draft. So I am going to take my 32.5 hp to road atlanta and fight for second. Thanks James Stroud.

2. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

I'm not giving up yet,

There are ways to make HP without turning a bolt.

3. caferace

caferace No.

I'm picturing a small JATO zip-tied to the tailsection. :D

-jim

4. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

So 32hp is a decent number? Ima have mine on the dyno at the shop for a few hours once I get the sportisimoto exhaust. Least I know what to aim for now.

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Darryl Ricks from round N'Awlins

6. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

33hp is about the maximum HP you can squeeze out of the bike using the TIS and about every other legal trick in the book. If anyone claims to have more I call BS cause you aren't running straight up.

7. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Uh, quickshifter? James, we talked at the GNF and you know as well as me that 32.5 is right on the button. Watching the video, you didnt seem to have much trouble staying in the draft or passing me down the back strait.

8. gottahaveahonda

As for the video you can watch me never catch you on the straight everytime I passed you it was on the brakes you passed on back straight or on way to 1. Not once did I ever pass you on on power. But anyway looking forward to seeing everyone at nashville will see how my 32.5 looks on the banking I bet slow have to be late on the brake in one.lol

9. cspencer123

Matt of Sportisimoto had a good idea,

Why don't we all agree to run U 4.2 (cheapest most readily avaliable) and each bring a can and fill each others bikes with, say, 2 gallons, seal the tank with a short piece of tape sealed at each end with a dab of nail polish on the cap(so it won't effect the tanks paint).

If the seal is broken after the race you forfiet your throphy and points.

This should not ONLY clear up this mess but make it more even across the board for anyone just getting into the class. This would only be for the front runners(we each know who wer'e talking about) the rest would be excluded.

How bout it, anyone know why this wouldn't work?

10. cspencer123

What did you do with the set for the wheels AND engine you purchased from Sportisimoto?

11. grantourin_90

Why not F118? Just as cheap and I can provide plenty...

12. gottahaveahonda

I think one fuel would be great. Pump gas sounds good.

13. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Actually Matt gave me a deal on a set of the wheel bearings. They are still sitting in the box they came in. I was about to install them when Sean chimed in on Dustins post about the bearings. We found a legal way to make the stock wheel bearings work easier. I have not seen a set of engine bearings. Im all for the U4, as far as sealing the tank, I applaud your idea but is it really necessary for racing a 250? Is this what the class has come down to? You want to show up with your 5 gallon can, so will I, if we get 3, even better. If you really think sealing the tanks is the way to go, fine, what ever makes you two happy. So is Nashvegas the next race for all of us to show up? Ill be at RRR in March. Oh, just read Strouds and Jessies post's what ever fuel you guys decide on, just post it. It means another trip to the dyno to figure out jetting for that fuel.

14. grantourin_90

So is it just u4 for u 3?

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I think I will be using a nice blend of 87 from the local supplier... prices seem good to. :p

16. just in time

just in time Well-Known Member

i am happy with u4.2,

17. just in time

what is the racer price for f118?

18. grantourin_90

More u buy the better the price. $75 for 5 gallons. If we get a bunch of ppl to buy I could do a lil cheaper.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  19. Boss R6

Boss R6 Well-Known Member

I am all for the VP4.2 or the XXX, whichever one everyone else wants to run. Hopefully I will have a chance at keeping you guys in sight.

20. just in time

i am good for either u4.2 or f118.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.