1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I would not take the one with issues, unless they were willing to fix it and give a big discount.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Who says a cup class needs to be for kids? F dem kids!

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Fast kids and broke old men. #400lyfe!

4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

A gasket they were waiting on showed up today. It's being re-assembled as I type this.

Kawasaki has offered nothing. I wouldn't expect the dealership to take a financial hit when it was not their fault. I may wait and pay the $600 extra (compared with the '23 KRT edition MSRP,) for the newer '24 40th anniversary edition.

https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/moto...ja-zx-4rr-krt-edition-abs/build-your-kawasaki

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is something to be said for getting a bike that you know has been properly assembled. Think of it as blue- printing. There's no guarantee on the next one.

Cooter! and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Tristan

I would 100% pay extra for the 40th edition

7. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Picked up a 400RR in May took it to a track day, did really well that track day .
    Took it to the next track day again it did really well until my son hit a false neutral and then wouldn't shift. All it had was 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th gear. No 1st, 2nd and neutral.
    Been at the shop since. They tore it down said it was also 2 retaining clips that came off the transmission shaft. This could be an issue with the transmission
    250 miles. All I did was flash the ECU, cut out the cat and a slip on. Went from 49 horsepower to 71

Shenanigans and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Thank you for sharing this, @HAZE. I thought this was a really strange thing to occur to just this bike. They clearly had an employee on the production line who is likely gone now.
    I'm now feeling lucky it occured at the dealership, before I had actually purchased it.

I'll be curious to see if others experience similar issues as yours did.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I bought mine May 31. It has 5,593 miles right now. No modifications at all, still fully "restricted", all 49 HP of it. No transmission issues, but it has been nothing but a street bike.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I believe Darren Klemmens is on here, long time CCS racer, raced his at Daytona last week. He was in the garage next to me. We talked about it a lot, he seems to like the bike quite a bit. I think it's a little mismatched with the class structures- it really should be in Ultra Light SB for CCS (SV's to 677 I think, but no FZ or Ape) It's a little mismatched against the Aprilia or built R7. His best shot was LW SuperSport, but an Aprilia was there *Supposedly* in supersport trim so that obviously is gonna suck at Daytona.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Don't be pointing fingers at RS660s illegal for lwtss. That's a touchy subject right now...

Gino230 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do have to say I like people being honest when asked, I would however have preferred a heads up and gotten it handled even earlier than it was...

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Our kid had no points and we were cleared to run the race for track time only with a DQ. I guess we should have clarified we were running a MA spec bike in the class.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm fine with running the race but yeah, a heads up would have been nice. Granted same net result would have happened once we got to the verifying eligibility stage of things but got the protest before that. Not a huge deal.

Now if we could get dads and hurt riders to stop being bitchy at each other at trophies I'd be happy :crackup:

15. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Kawi quietly added a non-KRT RR and single-R version for 2024. No fork preload or shock reb/comp adjustments and no QS for the R.

4R $9399
    4RR $9899
    4RR KRT $10,099
    4RR Throwback Paint $10,299

The single R is definitely more tempting, since stock suspension and QS would get replaced anyway.

16. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Wonder if anyone happened to video the trophy ceremony? :D

17. Tristan

Not having owned a bike with factory qs- is it typical to replace them with aftermarket?

18. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

That’s funny. After my Ape took a dump and was just chilling in the pits, I noticed you guys put there in SS. Laughed to myself somewhat knowing what’s in the frame of that bike.

19. Once a Wanker..

The Kawasaki Sales Representative happened to routinely visit the dealership today, and he did contact his boss regarding the situation the dealer and I had with this unsold bike. He offered to extend the warranty period if I bought this 400. I declined his offer, as he had also made arrangements to assist the dealership with the floor-plan status of this unit. I now have a 2024 Zx400RR 40th Anniversary Edition on order. I now know where two '23 ZX400RR KRT's are available for sale in GA, if anyone is looking for one.

HPPT likes this.
  20. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Assuming it is similar to the one on my ZX6, it has some stretch to it unlike an aftermarket sensor that is a rigid sensor. Chuck Graves mentioned that is why he changed it on their trackday version of the ZX4RR he had displayed at the launch event.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...orts-2024-kawasaki-zx-6r-track-bike-part-one/

Tristan likes this.