1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It’s not “ones sides fault”. You should put a number on it because you make sound like it’s 50/50 and we both know that’s not even close to true.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Gotta love the “I know you are, but what I’m I” response.

It’s never the liberals fault. They are too self righteous to have any fault. The liberal Dems are in full meltdown mode during Kavanaugh hearings. But yet it’s both sides. Too much.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Point validated, with replication.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Perfectly illustrated. Thanks.

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Not even close. Point debunked, with emphasis.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Self declared victories. Sweet.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You may have to use more words next time. This went over a few heads.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oooooo look, Mr. Condescension has entered the fray.

9. dsapsis

I consider the Fillmore case non-representative due to a bunch of factors: time; non-elected President; July death of sitting judge; massive national friction over Compromise; but whatever. Consider it unprecedented in the modern era, over which time significant changes to the nomination/confirmation process have occurred.

Pinning the act on previous “talk” is pretty spurious. Maybe not as weak as pinning birtherism on the Hillary memo, but still weak. One is rhetorical response to emerging political fractionation; the other is outright obstruction.

None of this undermines my point that as long as Congress continues to fail in its stated mission, the country suffers, and that political hacks pointing fingers at one side and not looking in the mirror, are contributory.

code3ryder likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m going to break my vow of non-engagement for this one.

Agree wholeheartedly. :beer:

11. dsapsis

You and I likely agree on more than we disagree, and the ratio goes up by the pint.:beer:

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The design of the government is to generate checks and balances. To do nothing is frequently the right answer Washington breaks a LOT more than it fixes.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Of course it’s both sides. :crackup:

14. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Three take-always for me from these hearings. Kavanaugh is 100% qualified for the job, and smarter than any of his interrogators. Ben Sasse should run for president. And Senator Blumenthal is an asshole...

kangasj, badmoon692008, brex and 5 others like this.
  15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Only Sen. Blumenthal??

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You miss where the precedent lies.
    Dems set the precedent of breaking precedents when it suits them in this process.
    The new precedent is "fuck precedent".
    You Dems to get it out of your heads that conservatives are going to cooperate when you try to make us follow rules while you flaunt them. That ended with Trump.

kangasj and sheepofblue like this.
  17. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

No...

18. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Why should anyone have to make you try and follow rules? Being the upstanding, can do-no-wrong party, you should be able to follow the rules all by yourself, right?

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Apples and oranges. Remember Obama’s two Supreme Court picks. There was no circus sideshow like the Dems have orchestrated for Kavanaugh. Nor was there a circus for every Obama cabinet appointee. Democrats have just plain gone off the by any means necessary deep end and it’s pathetic to watch.

Are you proud of what you’re watching from Democrats? I hope not...

20. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Then what’s your excuse? Or do you admit that you’re on the side of dishonest and immoral dipshits? Somehow I think there is some hypocrisy behind your statement.