1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how cheap are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Because I can, I'll respond to your point, and his. If, at the age of 25 (not knowing how old he is) he had 6 figures in a retirement account, that's fantastic. Bit it also means that, in all probability, he had an above average situation.

Given 4 years of college, and he graduated on time at 22, he stashed away nearly $33,000 per year.
    -or-
    He started work at 18 an averaged $14,000 per year (combined with interest)

I don't know what his situation was but I'm guessing it wasn't exactly average. Then again, most of the individuals here aren't exactly working class either.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

An old buddy of mine always joked, "wow, rob opened up his wallet, watch out for the impending dust storm".

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Yeah I never heard that one but figured it out after a brief moment. :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Cheers! :beer:

On the rare occasion I eat fast food I always get extra napkins. Those napkins go in my cupboard. I've never had to buy napkins. Ever.

I've also never bought shop rags. But in my garage I have a box full of them. An old t-shirt, towel or better yet an old set of drawers. Socks are great for wax and Honda Polish if you turn em inside out.

cpettit likes this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

On the weekends....I keep a big jar of pickled eggs on the boat, might eat a couple of them a day, fast and easy protein. They're like 60 cents a dozen around here. Maybe make up some red beans and rice, might catch some fish or shrimp. During the week, make a big pot of goulash or something like that and eat it all week. I keep my eyes open for the local sales on shit like chicken. They sell leg quarters for around 50 cents/pound. When they do that I'll pick up 20 lbs. Big bags of frozen mixed vegetables are surprisingly cheap. Drink mostly iced tea. 100 tea bags of some shit tea is like $1.50....

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea but how about making phone calls on that NY subway purchased rolex?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone else ever fly to Vegas for free, then try to walk into town and get lost?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Someone forget to tell you the airport is as close to Cali as it is downtown?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Walk from the airport to the strip? Some of you say I'm crazy but I'm sure as shit not stupid. :D

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I won't pay for cable tv, get a cell phone from work, buy all my meat out of the "get it now before we throw it away" section at the grocery, only buy beer when its from my wife's work at wholesale or the free stuff she brings home, pay cash for any services I have to get done around the house to avoid paying tax,

I even offered to take care of the dog when it's time to save on the euthanasia bill. That's a negative Ghostrider..... she ain't having that one.

But like most on here......... $400 for a set of slicks that will last one day? No problem.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

This obsession has to end, Jon. It's not healthy.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not me, but my boss (who owns the company). He has three small houses across the street from our office which he rents. One house had dead grass so
    he killed it all the way, then layed seed and straw. After the new grass had grown, he took a rake and spent 4 hours collecting what straw he could get and put it into a big garbage can in the shop. A bale of hay around here is anywhere from $2 to $4.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

To be honest, I was trying to find a bus stop somewhere. I figured there had to be some kind of bus service going into the city. I got last long enough that ended up pretty much walking into town.
    I'm not quite sure what the thought process was. It wasn't my first time in Vegas.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How drunk were you coming off the plane? :D

You could walk over to the MGM relatively easy - and you can see it once your out from the airport garages then grab a bus down the strip. But if you head off to the east you're kind of screwed.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, nothing in vegas is relatively easy and nothing is really walking distance. :D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Escalators. Escalators everywhere

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

May have been what I was trying to do. I really can't remember. But something I saw from the airport made me think civilization wasn't that far away.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

One time Dave asked me about Kushitani leathers and my first thought was, "He must not know how much they cost .. "

:D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, he does. But now you're talking fashion. :D

Funkm05, bleacht, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yep.

It really wasn't that far away. It's about a 2 mile walk to the MGM Grand. You were on the right track.
    So how drunk were you again?
    Capture.JPG