Job Exit Interview: Bite my tongue or let it all out?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Jun 3, 2020.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Never say never. :D

2. sdg

sdg *

Avoid saying never and always.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

i was giggling reading your post. Construction can be savage when it comes to employment termination. Most exit interviews have F & U maybe some middle finger action...lol.
    That being said my former boss was beyond livid when i announced my departure. I smiled, turned over all my keys, cards, and codes. Hes hired 6 different people who lasted a 6 months at best... none with a GC # or the ability to pass the exam. Funny hes called me back a handful of times to bail him out with plan review and estimates. When I asked if he would pay my renewal... he balked. The license kind of got me a pay raise at my new position so its worth the 2 yr cost to keep it active.

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

certainly. we have a superintendent who has texted guys in the morning "bring your truck in when you finish break, you wont need it the rest of the day." that was their notice to show at the office and get two checks.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

My exit interview is 6/22/2020. Thanks for all the great tips and advice offered here. I’ll offer suggestions as to how they can improve a couple things; other than that, I’ll smile & nod and thank them for the opportunity.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Best of luck man.....you’ll be aiight!

7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Just don't turn it up to eleven. :D:stupid::D

alcohol-message-sent.jpg

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

9. sharkattack

I submitted my resignation on 6/10/20. Aside from a few folks, I’ve been treated like a traitor, a piece of , given the cold shoulder by coworkers, etc. I was completely surprised by their behavior.
    I’m still managing my projects and completing my tasks, but after yesterday, I officially hit the “I don’t give a fukc!” stage of my last two weeks. Unreal.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's strange, when co-workers realize they no longer have to deal with you their real attitudes emerge. Many moons ago I had an Indian co-worker who resigned. He was upper cast back in the old country and for some reason thought he could bring that attitude here. He could piss off the pope with his shenanigans. We had a great going away party for him because we forgot to invite him. :eek:

rd400racer likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

on your last day put fish and shrimp in the curtain rods

sharkattack likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

StaccatoFan and sharkattack like this.
  13. sharkattack

Aside from a small handful of people here, the pic above applies to most here, especially the ones in my own department. The culture here is unlike anywhere I've ever worked. Walking down the hall, someone approaches me, I say "Hi there." or "Good morning/afternoon." Crickets in reply. Big pharma doesn't have the best reputation, and this place lives up to that in so many ways.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're all just jealous and pissed at themselves for not having the balls to get out.

evakat, scottn, Senna and 6 others like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That, and they know the company will take their time replacing you, so their workload increases without compensation.

16. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

The coworkers' reactions may be because they're presuming you're taking a 4-day weekend vacation without pay, buddy. You submitted your resignation on a Wednesday, for crying out loud! Cardinal sin. Such a snotty move on your part, flaunting your wealth in their faces.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sounds like alot of the people there are doucheholes and you are getting yourself out of a crappy situation...

18. sharkattack

Yep. The bio -pharma can be a cut throat industry. Don't know why it turned out like that, but it is what it is. Still going to be in pharma, but not bio-pharma.

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Weird - I work at a pharmaceutical services company now and couldn’t be happier, but this is the only exposure that I’ve had to this industry.

20. sharkattack

What do you do for them?