1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings report?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA854, Jun 1, 2009.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

V4 had the biggest turnout Saturday w/4 bikes. But where was everybody else? 2 guys in V7?

You Honda guys let Bowie get away with an uncontested win? 2:02 Doug? Bike must have been running on 1 cylinder again. :Poke: Come to Summit this weekend, and I can promise you some company in 350GP. :D

Seriously, was the weather crap? Must have been raining worse than Barber to keep everyone away.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo Eric....turn out was real thin....weather was actually nice......long story for me, I didnt make either race.:eek:

Bowie Hi-Sided his 750 in practice, pretty bad....but he still made 350 and 500 GP....he was limpin around.....I coulda swore I saw him shift with his hand once or twice:eek:

You know Bowie.....he'll be back next week fast as ever.

Good luck at Summit.

3. The weather was awesome...I have a feeling that Barber the weekend before kept people away.

4. CharlieY

B Wells had a couple good runs:up: That 400 sounds good man.

5. move/shoot

move/shoot est 1965

Yeah, I really have a bone to pick with Doug...trying to kill me by throwing himself and his bike at me during practice......

That was one of the most violent high-sides I have seen, I am glad to have missed Doug's tumbling body by about a foot and a half. It was so close that I went between Doug and the debris that was coming off the tumbling bike...

Doug did a really good job even getting his boot back on to race, much less riding with his knee and foot jacked up like they were.

Paul Garland
    Vintage Specialties

6. CharlieY

Paul, I could tell it wasnt good by the look in your eyes when you came running over to our pit with your helmet still on.:wow:

He drove home fine. we seperated at 285. Walker went over sunday to unload for him.

On a more positive note.....you had a pretty good day, huh?:beer:

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Bowie update bombshell:

Doug called and told me he's retiring. 'told me he contemplated coming back next weekend faster and meaner than ever but, well, there's just no one to race with and he's bored. i'm actually taking off work early to go back over to his house today and load up all his pretty Ducs. he gave 'em all to me. someone can have my lousy honda if they want it.

8. CharlieY

I'm on my way over there right now to Cherry-pick the Ducati's Walker....I'll be loaded and gone by the time you get there:D

Race fer the duc's....

Hey JW, kick him in the knee, will ya?

9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Dream-on MR. Walker...did you take some of those drugs you gave me....really through..I am really bang up bad...full report after all test and x rays are done....my poor F1 not looking good.....but I'm still coming to geeet Walker......I was really wanted to race JOE JOE.......but never will I give my Ducks away........I BE BACK........

10. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

get the doc to check you're head also, you might have a mild concussion :D. you do realize you're always the one out front, don't you? we're the ones trying to geeet you. :Poke:

11. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

BMSP the week prior, RRR the week after.
    Can only make so many race weekends.

The weather? Perfect FLA summer: hot, humid, dew in the AM so the sand sticks to your shoes & tracks everywhere.

Still have to run the 8 laps to get the points, or at least 75% of them.
    Three V7 guys, one had a bad mechanical (spun rod bearing) in the first race.
    More entries than the HWT class in front of us, 0 in WSS.

Heal up, 150. Bring beer.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

PM's

Brian, did you get my PM's? sent two, drop me an E-mail when you get a chance

[email protected]

13. WERA854

Ouch Doug! I gotta hand to you going out there and getting the job done after that. :bow:

14. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

The ol' fart better be glad he didn't hit the pavement in front of me....................oh, that's right he's behind me...............just joking, glad you're gonna be O.K.
    Concussion? I don't think a 3 lb. ball peen hammer could dent that head.
    What was the V1, V2 races like?

15. WERA854

V1= 1 bike, Royce
    V2= 2 bikes, Tash & Wells

Wayne, PM me a contact for that tank please?

16. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

CY, two more DNS's? Bike blow up again before you got it out of the truck?:D

17. CharlieY

Dangit.....I thought I was gonna get off clean:eek:

Said bike was not mine until the end of the day.....PVL issue, believe stator.

I will be back....probably not till Road Atlanta.:mad:

18. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Shoot Doug-you were my "he never crashes" mentor....heal up quick buddy!

19. Wayne,

V2 was cool even though it was just two of us. Me and Tash were neck and neck the whole race, but Tash pulled it out in the end. I ran V4 too just for fun and to ride with a few friends. It was a blast chasing that 750 Ducati and Royce. See you at RoadA?

Thanks Charlie for the compliment! Jetting is still off a bit and the motor won't take full throttle but should be sorted in the next few weeks. I definately like the sound better without the baffle.

Bob, emailed you my number.

20. BTW Doug,

Amazed that no bones are broken after looking at the size of your knee and foot. Happy healing.