1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's bad when they pull out the Oshkosh V-plows out

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitz, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You know shit's real when the county plows are getting pulled off the road and sending the old iron V-plows out. 24" so far and still a blizzard out, drifting faster than the plows can manage and some 12' high. I've snowblowed my driveway twice with a 26" blower and had snow coming over the top of it both times. Plowed out shop driveway twice and have piles stacked 18ft tall all around the lot. Roofs caving in, people can't seem to figure out to stay their asses home, all this in April. Fuck you mother nature!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Best not cancel school tomorrow, ya pussy! ;)

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've had every type of precip except for hail in the last 24 hrs. Rain, freezing rain, snow, ice pellets, sometimes a mix of 2 or 3 together. Everything's a sheet of ice. 20 degrees since yesterday afternoon and the wind is ripping, I've got the wood furnace going again and chucking wood to it every couple hours. Only good thing is the power hasn't gone out.
    Lots of accidents because people are too stupid to stay home and too stupid to slow down if they are out.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got down into the 50's here, I'm chilly. Might have to put on a jacket.

ChemGuy and BSA43 like this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:D

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Why do you think they call them The GREAT LAKES ? :D

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Sunny and 50 here in Calgary.

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I was in Poland last week...and had on shorts:D

9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Mowing the lawn I got all sweaty yesterday, so we decided to go to the beach.
    It was 78 and sunny at OB. We stuck around to appreciate the sunset.
    As a “grew up in“ Michigan transplant, I think that I appreciate the weather more than most, and have to admit that I am glad to pay the “Sunshine” tax that is built in to the housing prices.

Attached Files:

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Picture is beautiful.

Where is "OB" located?

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Outter banks?

12. Ocean Beach

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I just hope they have all of the runways cleared so I do not have any issues flying thru MSP Monday night / Tuesday AM...

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You should be fine here, unless shutdowns over in CheezLand screw up the works. We only got ~a foot, and it's been flurrying all day today.

crashman likes this.
  16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And people live there why? Asking for a friend

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That already happened a couple hours ago. Fortunately, my wife’s office closed, too. :D

This shit is just stupid. North got snow. South got ice. Right here in the valley, we got that awesome combo of snow AND ice.

18. Banditracer

I had a friend wondering the same thing when the hurricanes were wrecking your shit. :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. Banditracer

That's the best ! :D

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

We've gotten more snow in the past 36 hours than the whole rest of the year. It was in the 50's in January ferchrissakes!

seroj likes this.