1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israeli response: right or wrong

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pucksdown, Dec 28, 2008.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

God wants you to read Ezekiel 25:17. Hurry to save yourself!

God loves you too.

2. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Speaking of that some/most of our founding fathers were Deitist (sp?) which IIRC was basically worshiping nature

Yes I do, and thanks.

3. Ganja Dude

Will do Charles, or atleast I'll try. The last time I remember trying to ready anything in the bible I couldn't really understand it and quit. I do know if there is a god then he put my favorite plant on this earth for us all.:D Or as Smokey would say "God put this on the earth for me and you"

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not exactly. They thought the universe had a creator, but that he does not concern himself with the daily lives of humans, and does not directly communicate with humans, either by revelation or by sacred books

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Catch me up I haven't been keeping track. Last I heard the Israelis were pulling troops from Gaza and Hamas said, "We want EVERYBODY out, not just the troops." Is that right?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, now, this is definitely the passage for you then! Simple and to the point! It is so famous and universally read that it was used in a movie!

I really can't say about this plant you write about. There are plants all over my farm, and I don't know what they are, or who put them there or why. It's all a mystery to me. All I know is that from time to time the government guys come in big gray vans and take away most of the plants. I hope they take care of them.

7. Ganja Dude

Got it, thanks again for the info.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

What info? God later revoked all of that. It's all changed now.

9. Ganja Dude

:D

10. Ganja Dude

Crap, think you learn something and it's no longer relevant.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

This is why you need to read Ezekiel 25:17

12. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

OK I’ll take the bait. :D

First issue: We played right into the Soviet Union’s hands back then by alienating the oil producing nations with our unqualified support of Israel. I recall that the basis of this mislead strategy was that Israel was supposedly our only ally in the ME against the Soviet Union.

So you see – we actually delivered the oil producing nations into the hands of the Soviet Union. Extremely smart policy that one.:rolleyes:

BTW, As one of the side issues of this policy, apart from the very real threat of losing oil supplies from the ME we lost multi-billion military orders to friendly Arab countries like Saudia Arabia (F-15’s think it was) because of the lobbying effort by you know who, with the orders subsequently going instead to the European competition like BAE. Course we get a lot of gratitude from Israel because of this knid of scarifice so worth it ???

Second issue: Possibility of Chinese playing in the sand. You got me there,:confused: however, not sure how our alliance with Israel would help us on this one just as they didn’t opposite the Soviet Union. In fact, by continuing to aleinate the oil producing countries by our unqualified support of Israel we would probably drive them into the hands of China same as we did with the Soviet Union. Some things we never learn.

Third Issue:

The idea of a nuclear Iran being a potential threat was addressed by Gates when he was being interviewed by congress as Rumsfeld’s replacement (watched it live on C-Span). His position was that he would have much preferred that Iran not to have nuclear capability, however, that he did not consider Iran a threat even if they did have it. His reasoning was that Iran is very much aware that the consequence of first use against Israel would be obliteration by Israel’s ally – the USA. He well understood that Iran wants nuclear capability as a deterrent being surrounded by nations with nuclear weapons including Israel. Yes - he actually mentioned Israel in the context of having nuclear capability (gasp!:eek:).

Fourth Issue:

Tax handouts to other nations - Don’t have the numbers at hand but know that they are absolutely miniscule compared with the aid we give to Israel especially when looked at on a per capita basis.

More grist for t' mill!:D

:beer:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  13. Triumph#207

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I told you weed would make you stupid. Listening to Charles can sometimes have the same effect.:D

15. Ganja Dude

Personally I don't feel that there is anyone/thing to blame, my stupidity is there on it's own no outside help needed.

16. Ganja Dude

I read it, so is it the vengeance getting laid upon me that you are concerned about, since I was asking who's god? I think at times vengeance has already been put on me and my family, so maybe I have no worries after I die.:D

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

So Israel started a war to weaken Hamas. They declared victory, even though Hamas was actually strengthened and it was Fatah who was weakened. B/c Fatah was weakened, now there's absolutely no chance of a unity gov't being formed. But without a unity gov't for Israel to deal with... presto...bingo.. Israel doesn't have to negotiate!

Before it was impossible for Israel to negotiate with the PA b/c it was run by the corrupt Fatah. So, no negotiations were possible until there was some political reform. Then the “reform” happened, but turned out Hamas (who Israel can never deal with) won... presto...bingo...Israel doesn't have to negotiate!

And every step of the way the Israelis claim they are being eminently reasonable. They just want peace.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  18. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Yep

19. Triumph#207

Yep!

The Isreali aim behind their original funding and support of Hamas has been achieved.

20. Sluggo

Sluggo Well-Known Member

This is most likely the biggest threat at this time. Even the other Arab nations are concerned about Iran, and it's desire for 'Persia' to be the dominant force in the region.