1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Islam and Europe

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Jan 7, 2015.

1. All who?

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't worry he doesn't want you

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

All the whiney bitches that are clamoring for restrictions.

That should have been pretty obvious even for you.

4. Knowing Fonda's posting history, I'm not so sure that's who he meant.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yes, during WWII the country with the largest Muslim population was Indonesia.

6. Shyster d'Oil

I'd be interested to learn how Islam spread in the Far East. Can you tell us?

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Threat of violence :D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Initially, most likely through Arab traders/seamen/merchants. Which modern day countries (in the Far East) are you thinking of?

9. Shyster d'Oil

10. Shyster d'Oil

Thailand, Maylaysia and Indonesia are the countries I'm thinking of.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Thailand has very few Muslims. Btw, did you know the full name of Bangkok is Krungthep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit?

But do you think finding a couple of examples of countries that weren't converted at swordpoint changes the fact that the armies of Islam spread far and wide for centuries?

13. Shyster d'Oil

Thailand has a much larger % of Muslims than the U.S, close to 5%, while the U.S. is about 1%. And most of them are concentrated in the south where they constitute a much larger portion of the general population.

But the question that I had for you is how was Islam spread to the Far East, especially Indonesia which has more Muslims than any other country in the world? Depending on the answer, you may want to modify your blanket belief that the sword is what spread Islam to the most populous Islamic country in the world.

I don't know what the answer is, btw.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Charlie Hebdo's Luz quits Muhammad cartoons

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist "Luz", who designed the front page of the magazine that appeared after the Paris attacks, has said he will no longer draw the Prophet Muhammad.
    Renald Luzier has told French magazine Inrocks that drawing Muhammad "no longer interests me".
    Pictorial depictions of the founder of Islam are considered forbidden by most Muslims.
    Following the January attack, the magazine's normal print run of 60,000 eventually climbed to eight million.
    "I've got tired of [drawing Muhammad], just like I got tired of drawing Sarkozy. I'm not going to spend my life drawing them," Luz said in answer to a question about the famous January edition.
    Luz is about to release a book of cartoons entitled "Catharsis", which he says in his interview was his way of expressing himself after the murder of his colleagues.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ignore the Islamic death cult, we have confederate grave cites to destroy!

17. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should ban Islamic flags.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Wasn't Roof in a Christian death cult? :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He was in a stupid haircuts for f@ckstains cult with Lanza, Holmes and the rest of those jizzspits.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Thank goodness none of the citizens on that beach were armed, the bloodshed would have been so much worse. :rolleyes: