1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Frame Toast?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by alocker, Oct 22, 2014.

1. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

2006 R6R. Can this be repaired or is it scrap?

[​IMG]

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Ah, frame sliders at work.

Britt could fix it. In 2017. :)

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

It's not toast. Toast is made with bread.:D

Britt could fix it, will he or does he have time is the question

4. glenfeld

glenfeld Middle-age crazy

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You're going to have to drop the motor to get it repaired properly. If you're going to go that far, I'd just hang everything on a new/used/different frame. And, looking again, I don't know how that could even be repaired properly with how badly distorted it is.

And stop using frame sliders. Race bodywork isn't a long-term, high yield investment. When you fall down, you're going to damage it. It's better than the alternative. That very easily could have trashed the motor, too.

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Who's frame sliders did you use???

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

GMD Computrack in Atl, Kent will be honest with you if it is repairable, or try MPH in Ohio they have a frame system as well....but I don't know the cost of a frame, but I would factor in the cost of logistics getting the frame to and from as well as time....might be cheaper with a new frame????

8. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Not sure about the sliders. I am looking at purchasing the bike for the motor. They were some gold aluminum blingtastic jobbies. I never run sliders for this reason, gold is just too gaudy for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

9. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

That can definitely be fixed. I can't comment on the rest of the frame, as we can't see it from the pic, but that is not really all that hard for a talented metal worker.
    We have fixed several frames like that. My favorite metal guy next door did the slick work. If that is all that is wrong with the frame, should be an easy fix for $200 - $300 at most.

10. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Ya that guy does pretty nice work!
    [​IMG]