Indy 500 Official Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And what?

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just now following up on this, had company, girlfriend shoving her youngest out of the nest off to college half hour down the road. Wow, your brother must have been so proud, flattered and a little bit starstruck?

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And a complete recap of the conversation, if you please! :cool:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

"hey wanna go grab a beer?"

"Hell yeah!"

There ya go :D

Razr likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It was more of a conversation about how little the spotter can talk and give the driver all the info he needs. I don't think Alonso and his spotter are gelling. Michael Andretti wanted to hook him up with Alonso 2 years ago but Dave already committed to Schmidt. He said the Schmidt-Peterson team was much more laid back before merging with McLaren. Hinch was the key to that team, and Hinch brought a lot of good energy.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Live quals at 1pm.

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I hope these guys are ready for the wind!

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea it's gusty, whoever figures out the aero will have an advantage.
    Dave said the rookies on the McLaren team are pretty laid back, joking around, and having fun. Alonso is surrounded by engineers, they're all serious, and trying to figure their lack of speed. He said when Alonso says something, EVERYONE stops to listen.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That's so cool. Good luck to your brother today! If I were him I would probably surreptitiously lick Alonso's helmet, lolol.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So other than prestige, not to be dismissed, how important is pole here? I like this format.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well I don't know anything about him, but I imagine living up to the Andretti expectations is not easy. Well done to him. What do they do the next hour?

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll relay your message!

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Prestige mostly, and always being introduced as an Indy 500 pole winner, especially if you never win it. 100k bonus, and they used to get a 100k boat, not sure if that's up for grabs anymore.

I'm just not a Marco fan, because of his remark a few years ago about Indy owing the Andretti family a win. Al Jr jumped in to say "you gotta earn an Indy win. Rather see Hinch win than Marco on that team.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I can see that, could come across as impertinent. If Alo doesn't take it, God forbid, I like Sato.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Alonso currently the quickest, his teammates are 2nd and third.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Nom nom. What just happened? I didn't follow, he just suddenly seemed to downshift...I was yakking on phone.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Announcers indicated he drifted into cruddy part of track and then bye bye?

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Jimmie Johnson will be in an Indy car next year :clap:

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member