1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you sell on Ebay - READ THIS! Glitch in Ebay System

Discussion in 'General' started by Focker, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

There seems to be a problem with Ebay. I bought a replacement swingarm for the BIN price of $25.99 with free shipping.

If you look at the listing, it says sale price $25.99. When I actually paid for it, I only paid $17.54. So, the seller got screwed.

This happened to a friend of mine who was selling an R1 frame. He listed as $650 free shipping. Somehow it sold for $500.

Neither of these auctions were best offer. they were buy it now. My friend spent an hour on the phone with ebay and didn't get anywhere.

Out of good faith, I sent the seller an extra $10 and gave him the heads up.

It's really weird and Ebay doesn't seem to care.

Ryan

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

how can a corporation care?

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Well, they are losing out on final sale fees as they are selling it for lower.

4. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Are you sure you weren't carrying a Paypal balance of the difference between $25 and 17.54 and it deducted this automatically? Really strange though.

5. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

nope. no paypal balance.

upload_2016-11-10_11-17-18.png

upload_2016-11-10_11-18-24.png

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Just attached a couple of screen shots. The seller didn't realize they got screwed.

7. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

You didn't have any eBay bucks that may have automatically lowered the total?

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It wasn't an eBay sale item by any chance? They will lower the price on some BIN items but I never poked to see if that was based on sending the diff themselves to the seller or if they got the seller to accept a lower price ahead of time, etc.

9. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

No eBay bucks. Seller confirmed it should have been the higher price

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

As usual- ebay is great for the buyer and blows for the seller, nothing new here.

11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

By offering reputable customer service. That's how. Pretty simple actually, but, since you asked.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Corporations are people too...

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Corporations' lives matter... :confused:

panthercity, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  14. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Beat me to it...

panthercity likes this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Possible that you got a deal based on the currency exchange? A C$ = 1.5U$ ??

:D

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

No, no they are not.

they are legal fictions but do have all the rights of a "person" so thats probably what you meant however a "person" is not a people. the former is a creature of men, the later is not. (very significant)

shared delusions. very strong delusions at that.

a man/woman acting as agent for the fiction may care though (or not)

I quit ebay long ago when they stopped allowing sellers to list lawful money (postal money orders) as a method of payment.

17. condon66

18. condon66

It's this simple ferchrissakes...people are what make it. If everybody walked out, would it still be? The people that work as a group to make a corporation are capable of caring about their customers and can present that through good customer service. You sound like the kind of person who would sue a business because the coffee was hot.

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

strong delusions indeed.

and you must be hearing things too, i havnt made a sound.

20. condon66

Strange, dude. Just strange.