1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If You Had a Time Machine......

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Oct 20, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was just talking to my girlfriend yesterday about how much I wish she could have met my Papa,and Granny Conner.
    They were the most laid back folks,and loved everyone.They would feed you,have a nice visit,and were very simple. I
    miss all my grandparents, and my dad,but I would give anything just to talk to my Papa Conner again.Greatest man I
    have ever known.His mom died when he was just a child.He didnt get past 4th grade,had to work in fields as a kid,and
    never really learned to read.
    He served in ww2 worked his whole life in a cotton mill,and still managed to raise 4 kids,and pay off a nice corner brick
    house with my granny working night shift as a nurse for 33 years.I also forgot my uncle Larry was paralyzed after Vietnam
    and they both cared for him too. Of course I want money,and shit,but I really wish I could just hear one of Papas stories Ive
    heard 1k times,one more time.I get my story telling from him.

BigBird and dave3593 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sarah Jessica Parker in drag?

StaccatoFan and pickled egg like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hell, if we’re going to do that…

I’d go back to December 17th, 1967.

I’d meet my grandfather and three uncles, and somehow convince my grandfather not to take the route he took home, so when he had his heart attack at the wheel he wouldn’t drive off the road and over the edge of a quarry filled with water and frozen over.

Would have saved my grandmother 11 years of heartbreak before dying herself at too young an age, and the rest of their children the trauma and all that comes with it from losing their parents.

BigBird likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We are the sum of all our experiences, good and bad alike. As much as I would like to erase some of my past, I don't think I would be me without the bad shit.

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'd go back and spend a year with Lincoln

What a fucking stud

Razr likes this.
  7. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I would have gotten a vasectomy at 18. :D:D

Wingnut, skidooboy, britx303 and 3 others like this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Taken a Barrett M82 back to the 1930s and taken out a few folks responsible for 100s of millions of deaths to date. And Neville Chamberlain on GP.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Just hitting up a hospital in Ravensburg on March 30, 1938 would have saved today's world from a maniacal monster.

tl1098 and britx303 like this.
  10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You could be like “hey, look who isn’t crying now?” Either way, you’ll always remember her beard.

:D :D :D

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Dictators and their wannabes will always exist. So if you knock off Klaus, another one would take his place.

britx303 likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I thought maybe that was Fauci's bd till you posted that.

YamahaRick, ToofPic, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You’ll have to go back further than the 1930’s if you wanted to stop all the atrocities committed by the ewe ess goob……….;)

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’d go back to December 2000 right after Xmas the last time I saw my Dad. They came to visit for the Holidays and we’re headed back to ND. I’d hug him one more time.

BigBird, skidooboy, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  15. Kneedragger34

Kneedragger34 Member

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

upload_2023-10-21_21-41-57.png
    time_machine2.png upload_2023-10-21_21-42-49.png upload_2023-10-21_21-43-16.png

Attached Files:

17. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

I'd fast forward to a human hybrid civilization that finally got their shit together... I'm trying to see some Dyson spheres.

Razr likes this.
  19. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If it's a "just for me" thing, I'd tell my 10 year old self to take more pictures.
    If it's a "for a better world" thing, I'd use it as a justice tool. Any ill ever done will be shown to the world. The price I'd charge? The one asking for the dirt gets their own dirt exposed.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's just wrong...:crackup:

mike w likes this.