1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was so drunk....

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitz, May 9, 2018.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I was called out on a wrecker call last night about midnight. The place was way out in the sticks, and a county road (55mph) leads to the area. We take pride in giving the PD's quick service, so of course im speeding a bit to the scene :D I get near my turn so I start to slow and I think I see what is a dead deer in the road. I come upon it and here a man lays, dead center across the yellow lines passed out cold. I phone up the dispatch and she mentions this is probably the guy they's was lookin' fo. The guy wasn't driving at the time, but I'm pretty sure they persuaded him to admit to diving the truck that ended up in some guy's front yard . Any good stories?

K51000 likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ahh . . . English please??? o_O

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guy runs truck into yard while drunk, wanders off before police and the wrecker driven by Spitz get there, Spitz finds him passed out in the middle of the road on the way to go tow the truck out of the yard, calls cops to come fetch drunk guy.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Made sense to me. Maybe starting with "I drive a tow truck" would have helped.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, "called out on a wrecker call" means the same thing :D

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Have a drink, you'll understand it.

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

That was my thinking. :D It was wild for me, if I had looked down or had a longer route to take on that road I probably would have killed him. I may have saved his life.

K51000 and BigBird like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Or maybe a few less... ;)

9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

You definitely saved the guys life.

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

One of my first calls on the fire department was for a DOA. Woman got drunk AF and laid down in the middle of the road outside of her house - was hit by an off duty police officer, who thought it was a blanket, with his 12 year old son in the vehicle. 2 other cars ran her over after that. I still remember her foot in her shoe on the side of the road.

11. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Close to same story as CausticYarn’s except it involved a train. “Welcome to the fire service kid” my Capt told me.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the yacht cook/fly fisherman/USA sucks guy.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Time to thank your local PD and FD's for cleaning that shit up, people just don't have a clue unless they see it first hand. I tell people of all the drugs running through our small town (less than 10k people) and they don't believe it, yet I'm towing cars every night with the K9 units circling them. A few nights ago they pulled 400 needles out of a case of luggage, likely for distribution purposes..

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

No one believes our city is riddled with Meth either. They just pulled 50 pounds of it out of a trunk a few weeks ago. People are like "that would NEVER happen in OUR town."
    Is your head so far up your butt driving through the city that you don't see the dude walking down the street twitching, or the 60 year old woman dressed like a 14 year old hitching rides down by the lake??????
    I get it's the suburbs, but where's your head at?

15. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

Do you know if the officer was charged? We had something similar where someone was ran over because they passed out right before a 4 lane intersection. The driver was charged with manslaughter. I felt that was very unfair as one would not reasonably assume that someone was laying in the middle of the road.

16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Years ago in eastern NC it was common for someone to be run over while lying in the middle of a dark country road. Happened at least a half dozen times every summer.

Haven't heard of it lately, though.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, even I got that.
    Hey, Speedluvn: "As Fuck..." :D

casjoker and BigBird like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

At a New Years eve party at my sisters, our friend Tom was too drunk to drive home, my sister took his keys. He said "fine, I'll walk home, it's only 1/3 of a mile". About 20 people stayed the night, too drunk to drive. My sister was making everyone breakfast the next morning...in through the door comes Tom, with mulch all in his hair. He made it out her door, fell over in the bushes and slept there! Then started drinking again.

ToofPic, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like Tom's style. Never give up :D

ToofPic, YZROOSTINYA, Phl218 and 2 others like this.