1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nine years so far. Every time I have a hunger for one, I remember what my old Tundra smelled like.

2. Have made it over a week with 0 cigarettes.

3. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Last week I quit dipping, cold turkey. Dipped for well over a decade, sometimes switched to smoking and then back. But this will be the first time in a loooong time my body will be completely tobacco free.

So, last week I decided to try tobacco free snuff, to help me quit, but mainly because I enjoy having a dip in my lip. I got the samples today. I put a dip in, and no lie, my fingers are tingling and I seriously feel like I got a little buzz going. Am I crazy or is there something in the snuff actually giving me that feeling? It's Smokey Mountain snuff. Anybody with similar experience?

4. Well good day today, 7 months 100% alcohol free (people who know me know I have always Ben a VERY heavy drinker) and just a bit inder 3 weeks 100% smoke free. I think I will reward myself by ordering new bumpers for the Jeep.

5. congradulations man.

i've been off booze for over a year and a half now. smoking going just over 5 months now. i feel better besides feeling like i've gained a bunch of weight. although i havent worked out in a while due to my jacked up elbow.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No clue. I would put it away. :D

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bacon Boy inspired me to try quitting smoking one more time.
    Last butt was last Monday at 2 pm.

I'm beginning to smell a bit.

8. Good stuff, I have not had one and the desire is gone to have one now.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm pretty much there. I was ready to quit this time.
    It has actually put me in a better mood, rather than feeling bitchy because I can't have a smoke.

10. Ya, I look back and think wtf. I was spending about $150 a month to smell and kill myself.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Meh, that was a looooong term goal. Not to die. But you know us smokers. We will rationalize that crap like "oh well I could get hit by a car" puff puff puff. lol I just wanted to quit.

My dad actually quit. Which I can NOT believe. He is 66 and smoked since he was 13. A little late but better late than never.

Good on ya IYC

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good show, Mike!

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I have tried and failed in the past, but NOT this time. Today is my day 7 and I am 100% Tobacco free are 37 years of averaging 20 a day:D

Some thing to be proud of about myself again

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Go dude. I'm sending you good thoughts.

Dustins dad too.

My turn next.

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

cheers man, ya gota want it though and it will happen

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Thanks brother. Me and the woman are laying out a plan to quit smoking and not kill each other.:)

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Shaun that's great man. But a warning. Between now and 2 weeks is the hardest part. But you can get through it.

My thing was I actually wanted to quit and knew if I smoked even ONE more I would have to start all over again.

Keep it up man.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just bought two packs :D

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Fun fact: at today's rates and assuming a conservative price of $6.50/pack of 25, you've spent approximately $70,000 on cigs.

Neat.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Who puts 25 in a pack?