1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A Filipina friend of ours has a tx22 and does some type of matches with it. She loves it. I’ll do some online window shopping throughout the day today. Might just order a threaded barrel for what we’ve got in the meantime as well. This feels like buying a full exhaust system for a bike I don’t have :D

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I love my little quiet Ruger. Mark IV 22/45.
    upload_2024-3-29_7-54-33.jpeg

tiggen, sanee and britx303 like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Picked up my Staccato CS this morning. Had a 2pm range reserved.

separated the slide and frame and oiled it. Hit lane 10. What a sweet little gun!!!!!

I handed the third mag to Denise and let her run it for 15. She turned around with a massive grin above her chin. “I love this gun!!!!” She barely touched her Walthers the rest of the hour. She’s talking about her own staccato CS now.

GixxerJohn011 and RonR like this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Username checks out :beer:

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

supressed .22 are just sex

britx303 likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

This is true. I just ordered 1K rounds of more subsonic for the sparrow, and immediately regretted not ordering 5K or more.

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'm getting my CCW, CHL, whatever you call it in your state.

So while reading up Ohio law, I came across this very important tidbit of info.

Dobr and other Buckeyes, wth do you do when it comes to carrying in a 'school safety zone.' Is it only when school is in session that you can't drive on the road in front of a school while carrying? It's gonna be a lot of detours, backroads, and extra mileage for me.

And to add to this trap...In Ohio, your CCW is tied to your drivers license. So if a cop is following you in a 'school safety zone' and their camera automatically runs your plate and comes back that you are a CCW holder, will/can the cop pull you over for some BS reason just to check if you're carrying and take you to jail for carrying in a school zone? My paranoia is setting in. lol.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/sites/buckeyefirearms.org/files/publicfiles/Issue-School_Zone.pdf

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Just drive through the school zone. Mr Popo doesn't know you have a gun in your car.
    [​IMG]

10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sorry, no real info to add other than move to a state like Texas once you pass the entrance exam.

With my CHL/CCW I can carry up to the threshold of the school door and have been thanked for doing so by SAPD officers. I usually conceal well but if I’ve got a golf shirt on on a windy day I’m gonna print. You can’t carry at school functions but you can drive wherever you want at least.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That's too bad about Texas. I can carry on any public school grounds, including inside the schools.
    Grade school through university.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Nice. Where is this?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

@gapman789 im in Akron and I took a summit county sheriff’s seminar on the new gun laws. You don’t have to have a ccw anymore as the constitutional carry supersedes a ccw. If you would be eligible to possess as ccw, then you are eligible to carry for the new law. You are allowed to drive through school zones with your firearm, but you are not allowed to enter a school with a firearm.

gapman789 likes this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Since the passing of my father-in-law, I’ve been helping my mother-in-law around the house every time we visit. Nothing too serious; deck work, painting, cabinet repair … general house maintenance stuff. Whenever she’d ask how much materials were, I’d tell her “I forget.” Apparently, she plotted with her son, who likes to shoot, to get some payback.

Dude, just wow.

IMG_6653.jpeg IMG_6652.jpeg

I’ll write about it tomorrow - probably just be saying to you guys what you already know.

sanee, RonR and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Welcome to the club! :beer::timeforabeer:

That was a very VERY awesome move on her part...very very generous of her. But, I'm sure she's also extremely greatful for all your help now, too.

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Only thing a CCW in Ohio is good for anymore is not having to have a background check when buying a firearm. I gave mine up. Didn't need anyone knowing that I had a preference to carry.

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So I got my HUX flow 762 TI out to shoot this weekend. I put about 120-130 rounds through it. I have to say that while I wasn't running suppressed ammunition I wasn't impressed. I feel like my Wolfman does a better job at suppressing 7.62 than the HUX. I know there is a lot of hate out there right now for Dead Air but mine has thousand of rounds from 9mm to 7.62 and never had a hiccup. Also important in my opinion is that Hux has no adapters ready for the Flow. Why you would produce a suppressor with a non-standard thread and have no adapters on hand for it is beyond me. 5 weeks and waiting for the two I ordered with no ship date available.

19. Resident Plarp

Why anyone build a “flow-through” design is beyond me. Want flow through? Increasing internal volume does the same thing, while also actually reducing noise signature. There ain’t no replacement for displacement.

The shit part is that companies can succeed in selling this stuff because buyers are forced to wait a long time to get their hands on a not-so-good can.

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Flow through makes more sense on semi and full autos. I have one on a bolt gun that was a leftover from hunting on a semi. I could put a quieter can on it but I’m always shooting supers out of it so it really doesn’t matter. As for displacement being better than flow through it’s not that simple. First you have the size problem and switch to FA or even a string of semi and that displacement gets used up quickly. If you want “movie” quiet you have to shoot subs and have a can that’s main purpose is max noise suppression. Slicks are great for maximum traction until the riders intended use doesn’t match up with the manufacturer’s intended use then they can be the absolute worst choice.