1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

:Poke::crackup::crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Fuck :crackup:

I was thinking 3, then I was like “Shit I can’t be without the VP9L”.

Jedb likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...you'll dial down the collection alright.
    Something, something...cold dead hands. :crackup:

4. For me, that’s the H&K VP9L.

The thing is, I really can’t nail down a solid answer to explain why.

I’ve got others that were more expensive, or have better triggers, or have more capacity, or have less recoil, so on and so forth.

But as a total package, that VP9L just fits me and works for me. Maybe it’s because I’ve got more rounds through it than anything else, maybe it’s the ergos, or maybe it’s the combination of the perfect sized grip with the large competition magwell I put on it. I dunno.

But out of all the handguns I have, if someone tells me it’s a life or death situation and I’ve got one chance to make a headshot at 25 yards, or there are 4 “bad guys” and I’ve got to put 2 rounds in all of them before any of them get a shot off at me, I’m grabbing the VP9L without hesitation.

I have a lot of favorites, but that VP9L is my one “out of my cold dead hands” gun.

Sabre699 and Triple X like this.
  5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

@cortezmachine stay away from the newer remington 870 as they are really cheaply made now. Or buy an old used one or police trade in

Jedb likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

SHTF it’s AR and a 9 and try to hide out until I can make it to the farm. Or steal a plane and fly there

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’ve been planning routes out of California that would only be accessible by a dirt bike/dual sport. We’re looking at buying a property out in Utah that is rural and has water rights so we can be self sustaining if need be

8. Ah shit, so Wilson Combat now does custom work on P365s (like they have done on P320s forever).

One of the caveats is that it must be stock, meaning they will not work on a gun that has already been modified. So I can't send the Boresight Solutions X-Macro in there. BUT I have that P365-XL that is still stock. I might send it to them and see what kind of magic they can do with it.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I put a APB out to a local gun store for the Canik Rival-S....low and behold, they called me today and said a silver one's in stock.

WWGGD?

WHAT would @Gorilla George do?

Nick_OMC likes this.
  10. Dude. You should already be there picking it up!

Nick_OMC and Jedb like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

First rule of gun fight club is . . . follow da rules!
    He said 3 gawd dammit!

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with the HK P30 sk v3? Looks like a compact version of the VP9 which is my favorite 9mm.
    [​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Im over a half hour from the gun shop and my weekday travels never take me that way. But my indoor range is close. So Saturday I may wander up there to check it out as well as just make a visit to the shop. Since my fav local shop closed in Jan.

I also just bought the kiddo a new (to him) race bike. So that ate some cash.

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That sounds like a whole pile of excuses, especially from someone invoking the name of @Gorilla George

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I don't know if they're actually going in some sort of order, but I just got the happy phone call from my LGS. May 26 was when mine was officially submitted, so just a few days short of 9 months for me.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This news sucks as I love my old 870.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I made the mistake of selling an 870 Marine Magnum back in the mid-'90s, it was ~$325(?) new in early-'90s. Ended up replacing it early-'00s(?) and the price had doubled.
    My first lesson in selling firearms. Lesson learned? Never sell.

20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The old 870s last long enough that when you die, 2 more generations get to enjoy them

Sabre699 likes this.