1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Damn...That's a long ass wait. I will say that against bare skin it is a little rough to carry due to the texture of the grip. Other than that it is a fantastic gun.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, I have 4 of them now, and 20+ pounds of 4451.
    Developing my new 284 Shehane, which tend to like 4350, but hoping 4831 s even better.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It seems that the 1 pound jugs are more plentiful than the 4 & 8 pound jugs. I’m using this time to obtain and try new powders.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thats what the misses picked out for her 1st handgun. She hasn't even done the fingerprinting to get the HQL, nor have I, but the hellcat is what she settled on getting.........I think its the name Hellcat in all honesty, but whatever, she likes guns and shooting and thats all that matters. Is there still that indoor range up around glen burnie where you can rent full auto etc.? I never made it there, but my cousins and friends went several times, so not exactly sure where it is/was.........20-ish years ago.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No idea about ranges in the GB. I don't go shooting much, but I generally go to Heritage in Frederick or Guntry in Owings Mills. Those two places are VERY nice.
    Guntry has 100meter lanes for rifles. Pretty decent for an indoor facility. (Gotta go there with my AR15 and sight in the scope sometime, too).

I'm with your #1 Spousal Unit as well. The "Hellcat" name definitely caught my attention since I'm never going to buy a Dodge Hellcat. LOL!

I called my fav little hole in the wall gun shop to ask about ammo and asked about a P365 on a whim because they've had them, and I love my Sigs.
    He mentioned the Hellcat and that they had one. I yoooootooob'd some reviews and comparisions after that phone call. As far as micro carry guns go,
    they are so similar it's not funny. And when I held the Hellcat yesterday, I really liked how it fit in my f*'d up fat hands. I also like the sights configuration.
    It was "bifocal" friendly.

I'm actually going to Guntry today with my friend from work who has a Hellcat. His first time shooting that, and my first time shooting my CZ P10S.
    I'll ask him if I can pop a couple rounds off with his Hellcat, and I'll gladly let him check out my CZ.

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

Theres a club we just joined in southern AA that caters to rimfire and pistol calibers up to 44 mag. Its basically damn near the halfway point between your neck of the woods and ours. We needed a steady place for practicing and this fits the bill. Plus its extremely family oriented. They do a youth day once a month where the kids go through different stations doing airgun,bow,crossbow,and 22 rifles. Yes, it sucks not being able to use the mini or the ARs, so we did the 22lr cmmg conversion for the low budget AR, which is just stoooopid fun!!! 12th precinct is the place. 25-ish minutes south from you........depending on 97;)

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I gotta check this out. I think Alex wants to shoot BAD!!!

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

June 27th is the next youth day. Its free and you can see the layout. Im still awaiting my final approval and should be a member in a couple weeks, just after the 4th, but ive been as a guest a few times now. Theres an outdoor archery range, outdoor 3d archery,indoor archery and air gun range. For firearms theres 2 outdoor ranges, one with 50 lanes, the other with 20(i think) The last 15 lanes on the 50 lane range are indoor and you shoot from windows, so you can be in the heat during winter. Theres always plenty of spots to choose from, and from what all the members ive talked with, theres more times than not that you will be the only one there shooting, so it is very low key and relaxing. That was the bonus for me, making it easier for the girls to train in a non-hectic environment, allowing them to go through the functions and retain more. The only other range we've been able to go to is always super packed and its only 8 lanes and no real range manager to call hot/cold, so the girls don't leave with anything more than a headache. Check the 12th precinct out if you can. No law enforcement connection besides random members, so not sure why its called that.

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The closest outdoor range to me is AGC off marriotsville rd. Really nice place. Countless 100yrd lanes and a separate 200yrd range. They also have pistol , archery and trap. I belonged there a couple years but didn’t go at all because I usually just shoot at home. Then I joined TCSC in Thurmont. Is twice the distance from my house but it has a 300yrd rifle range and that’s where I usually shoot competitions. My son started shooting at 8 and competed at 13. The years we traveled and competed were some of the absolute best times of my life. The people and places we went were awesome. Highly recommend getting youngins into shooting.
    Also my thoughts on range guns and carry guns is just that. Different guns for different uses. Some women lean towards the smaller , lighter guns but that can turn them off to shooting because of felt recoil. I start everyone off with mid size 22 then go from there.

10. britx303

The club I’m joining is connected with the place in marriotsville. Not exactly sure the details of going up there yet. You ever gone to Delmarva sporting clays? I heard they have a 500 yard range but have yet to go

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Not yet
    I really haven’t shot much at all in the last year and a half. One day I’ll get into longer distance shooting but that’s time consuming to work up a good gun and ammo.

12. britx303

Yeah those distances are beyond me I totally admit that. But I’d like to try one day. Hell I don’t think I’ve ever gone past 200 with my old first 303 and that was just shooting from the top of the tobacco field down into our woods at random abandoned cars in the woods. As long as I heard the hit somewhere on the car I was happy. Wish I still lived there:D

13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Shooting up stuff is fun. Takes a while to clean up the mess but give me some appliances or cars and I’ll go through some ammo. I’ve haven’t shot full auto in years due to lack of fun targets.

14. britx303

I haven’t shot full in well.....ever:D I did know a chick that had a full auto AK back in the early 90s but ended up turning it in before she got the chance to bring it to the farm I lived on. Whoa is a Marylander:D

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I quit shooting Old TV's because it was a pain in the ass cleaning up the junk...Washers n Dryers are ok...

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Helps tons to lay out a tarp first

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just called the ATF and the dude said dealer should receive it in 45 days haha wow

18. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I have been to Delmarva quite a few times. Really nice, mom and pops owned range with 50-500 lanes, there is range marshall...
    It is nicely set up laid back countryside range, do what you suppose to do in safe manner and nobody will bother you. I took my at time 12 yo boy to shoot some of my rifles and all the people were supportive and giving him thumbs up
    Only suggestion I have is go there during the week right after they open and you will have range for yourself for long time.

britx303 likes this.
  19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what?!?! why would you turn in a full auto ak?? details please

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

If it didn’t get on the civilian registry before the deadline then turn in or felony were your choice. I also knew a guy that brought one back from nam
    Not sure what ever became of that one. He passed away long ago so I imagine his family turned it in.

britx303 likes this.