" I can't believe you rode today"

Discussion in 'General' started by TannerGriff1222, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

Recently Ive been getting a lot of "isnt it too hot to wear all that stuff?"
    Ignoring the fact that if they looked closer, theyd see it was mesh, I say "yeah, I hear the ICU unit at the hospital has a great air conditioner."

2. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Around here, its rare not to have a chance of thunderstorms. I can't walk into the hospital carrying my helmet without 3 people warning me its supposed to rain! Yet I rarely get wet. When I do its a relief in this heat anyway.

I run out of conviction once in awhile and skip the jacket in July and August.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was told I can no longer ride to jobsites. I offered the fact of fuel economy and rapid travel... my boss said "I have no use for you if youre dead" :tut:

4. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Very few things will stop me from riding at work. Weather is generally not one of them. I just tell people I'd rather be riding in "X" (insert weather condtion) than driving in a car in any weather condition... except snow or freezing rain, of which we luckily don't get much in FL.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

I'm getting to where the heat really works on me. Now when it's 95 I'll risk the road rash and ditch the coat, I'd rather bleed than be miserable. Bring the cold.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

95. 95?

Bunch a pansy-ass wienies. It's been 100 or higher here for over two weeks and I still armor up!

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good for you.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Of course it is or I wouldn't do it! :D

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

For you, maybe so. I'll take my chances.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's the beauty of choice!

11. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

"well, it is easier than pushing it."

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Thank you. :up:

Now THAT is funny. :crackup:

13. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

About half of the bosses I've had in my life have had motorcycles. I did have one offer to let me take the company truck home and leave my bike in his office! It was real stormy and he was worried, I did not think much of it till I got home and found out the area I had just rode through had a tornado go though about the same time I did. Opps got lucky on that one, it did seem rather windy on the highway.

Oh and for the record hail hurts even in leathers at highway speeds it always seems to find your adams apple or knuckles.

14. acerkic

acerkic Well-Known Member

I am paid really well, and the guberment can make all the rules they want in regards to my job.

Was told that if I am followed home from work (very unlikely) they would know where I live. How the F**K is that any differnet than driving in a car.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The last joint on my left index finger got pulverized by a big hailstone when I got caught in a storm on an Interstate. That hurt. A lot. Felt like I just placed the finger out on a table and smashed it with a hammer.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Explain how much easier it is to shake a tail on a bike than in a government car :D

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

when I worked for trhe old US distributor of BMW motorcycles, I got a memo one day telling me that I could not park my new 1979 Honda CB750F in the parking lot.

[​IMG]

I returned the memo with a requisition for an R100S demo bike.
    [​IMG]

They gave it to me. I totaled it a week later...

18. grantcarruthers

I choose to vary my armor along with the ROE for the day. No jacket=no 3rd gear wheelies. Road rash will rarely kill you, I have NEVER crashed without trying, I figure there's about a 1:2000 chance of crashing and a 100% chance of broiling. Just a matter of risk management.

I also need to get a mesh jacket, been making fun of them for years, about ready to try one though.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have a Kobe mesh, it's essentially the top half of Xpro leathers with mesh replacing all the non-impact areas. Still hot as heck.

20. grantcarruthers

:up:

I'll check'em out