1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

" I can't believe you rode today"

Discussion in 'General' started by TannerGriff1222, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Does anyone else who commutes on their bike hear this like 50 times a week? I ride to work everyday, rain or shine. I have some great rain gear and actually enjoy riding in the rain. But everytime there is a chance of rain in the forcast or it starts sprinkling or even gets windy, I get all types of comments. My favorite is the one I heard last night saying that I should get my wife to follow me with a trailer. :confused: Or if it gets hot people start asking about why I wear a jacket and helmet and gloves. After you have the same conversation with the same people 20 times, its gets old. Anyway, todays random rant over.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I learned to give snappy answers to stupid questions. Even if they didn't get it, at least I entertained myself. And if they did get it, then it usually resulted in them laughing at their own foolishness. :)

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Try riding a scooter and see what kinda comments get hurled. :D Its great cracking jokes at sportbikes with 30mm of unused tire edge. Like the guy on a gsxr demonstrating how he can hit the rev limiter in neutral... just so I know how cool he and his boyfriend riding a warrior are. Questioning their sexuality really gets them types fired up! :D

4. light 3

light 3 the bot

i get it all the friggin time. especially when it's hot. "omg you rode today?!" "did you melt?!" "and you wear all your gear? are you crazy?!" i always say, "so, i sweat a little. it's not that bad and i'd rather sweat than bleed." then they say, "oh, that's true." :P

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

When I was still in the corporate world, our receptionist would call me when it rained and tell me my bike was getting wet.

I finally told her that my bike wouldn't shrink.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I pulled the holeshot on 3 consequetive stop lights with my scooter on a Ducati with a very insecure rider and very hot passenger. I want to think all his revving was to drown out my laughter. :crackup:

We have a guy at work that came over from Europe and bought a very nice naked BMW bike. I don't think he owns a car. He rides in winter-time conditions that make me want to give him a ride places. Dude is hardcore. :bow:

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I rode to the Dallass VA yesterday for a a rheumatology check up. I stowed my helmet, gloves and jacket in the saddle bags.

New rheumatologist checks my range of motion in the arms and shoulders. Then in my knees and hips. He slides my left pant leg up, looks puzzled and slides the right pant leg up.

He asks me if I'm having trouble with my ankles. I said, "no."

He asks me, looking as my Sidi boots, "Then why are you wearing these braces?"

8. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

LMAO That's hilarious :D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I tend to get the opposite.......I show up to a friends house on a nice warm day in shorts/sneakers/tank top and hair obviously not mashed down, no helmet or gloves or any sort in site.......

"So'd you come on the bike?"

:confused:

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We had a customer a couple yrs. ago that had us put ice screws in the tires on his DR650. He was a soldier at Fort Drum, rode it all winter, his only transportation. We're in northern NY, we get 20-30 below zero and that area gets serious lake effect snow. I give him credit, he's more dedicated than I am. He got stopped several times by the the cops just because they were curious as to how he was keeping the thing upright.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's hilarious, because I rode my bike in last week and the exact same thing happened. Three different guys came into my office at different times and told me that my bike was getting wet.

But that's not the worse. On the Friday of the Nashville weekend back in April I had our 2 racebikes loaded in the back of my pickup ready to leave right after work. One of the guys I work with said, "hey, where do you all ride those bikes at?". I told him we were going to Nashville to race. He said, "aren't there woods here in Kentucky you can ride in?"

I gave up after that.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

13. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

You should have done this:

[​IMG]

And said "My God, i've never thought of that!!!!"

14. acerkic

acerkic Well-Known Member

I was ordered to stop riding to work. Some admin puke thinks that I am in more danger than in my assigned car. Was in bad mood for about a month, now I ride in about twice a week.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:wow: Where the hell do you work that they can tell you what you can drive to work ? I hope you're very well paid.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sounds like a communist commune. Assigned car?

17. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

My neighbor always asks me why i am wearing a jacket if its hot out.
    "It'll feel a lot hotter if I hit the asphalt"

One day my boss called me to tell me that I left my tank bag on my bike, and that it might rain. Oh well.

18. Huh?

Are you on the clock as you are driving to work?

If not, you should tell them to eat shit.

19. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

my favorite was the day where I left for work and it was about 80 degrees at 7am, about half way to work I saw the sky getting dark and I stopped and popped on my rain gear. 5 minutes later nasty T-storm, and after riding in it for 30 minutes I arrive at work walk in still wearing the dripping wet gear and one of my co-workers says "Dont tell me you rode the bike today."
    "No i just stood outside in all my gear in the rain for shits and grins..."

For me its never the rain, its when the temp drops below 40 that I hate riding.
    2 years ago i was riding home from work at 2 in the morning while it was 20 degrees outside and I got pulled over by a cop just for a chit chat because he also owned a BMW, but it was parked in the garage beacuse its too cold to ride in this kind of weather.... Thanks for delaying my trip home and prolonging my exposure to the 20 degree temps mate.... (not to mention that this was on a 70s air head bmw that got a bit tempermental on starting in the cold weather...)

I use the "I'd rather sweat than bleed" line all the time in the summer.

20. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Now if he works as a skin donor at a top secret burn victim lab you guys would feel like shit.