1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge respect to Mr. Moore

Discussion in 'General' started by scuzzlebutt, Nov 2, 2003.

1. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Huge props to Greg this weekend. Even though he had a broken foot and hand, he still managed to beat all the top guys on Saturday. And then to go back and do it all over again in the Suzuki Cup race 3 times in a row, only to fall off..... I can't even describe what was going through our minds, let alone yours. Even though you didn't win that shiny motorcycle, I personally have never in my life seen a more brilliant display of heart! You have always had everyone's respect, but trust me, this weekend, you took it to a whole other level my friend!!! You'll be back, and I can't wait to watch again! Stay off you're feet butthole, and here's one for ya!:beer:

2. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

wow!! well said jonnie!!! seriously though, great job out there this weekend greg! take care of that foot and we will see you soon.

3. Robby Card

Robby Card Well-Known Member

I saw a couple of guys carrying him out of hotel room saturday night and I asked where they were taking him, fully expecting them to say "hospital". I think they just put him in the icemaker overnight. Then he comes back and does the business again. Wow. That's some real hero shit!

4. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Greg you got drive!

I was impressed this week you showed some real talent made a mistake and it cost you a bike oh well... You posted the best times of the guys you were playing with. David wished he could of had a better showing and play some with ya. Thanks for raising the bar all year and it is a pleasure to run with you. You have made us faster hope we can still run some more with you next year. We will be testing in Jennings this winter a bunch give us a ring and we can go tune up for next year.

5. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well done Greg - totally impressive, you showed the kind of guts and determination that most people wished they had. To make it clear to everyone (Greg, clarify if I get this wrong), Greg's first crash was due to a mechanical problem associated with his quick-shifter - this wreck broke his foot and hand. The swelling that resulted meant he could barely walk and had to keep his foot and hand in ice.
    The crash while in the lead on Sunday was not a mistake of Gregs, rather, it was because his broken foot lacked the feeling to tell him if his foot was on the peg or not. Basically his broken foot fell off the peg in a turn and the gator strips pulled it away from him, and that pulled him off the bike.
    I have never seen anyone give it their all the way Greg did this weekend - you deserve the best the sport has to offer, and we hope you get it.:beer: Rest that foot.

p.s. thanks for helping me with my lines this we - it really did help.

6. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Definitely no shortage of awesome young talent there. RaceDad, sorry I didn't get to meet you or Matt, but I definitely had a ball watching him out on the track. The kid is awesome and so is Greg Moore. Furtek and the others, too. :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  7. scuzzlebutt

Great pic Bruce..... Hey Mark, you deserve some props as well. You looked excellent out there! Hopefully next year we'll all get our crap together and we can all have some weekends such as this past one. Well, at least with a full tank of gas anyway! Great job you muppet!!!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mano, those are some sharp looking leathers and some professional looking young guns.
    Props to the riders and to JU for doing the Hammer search. :up:

9. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

nice job, greg. we are all real proud of you.

10. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

thanks all and i could not do it without all ya'lls support. got a doc's appoint. in the morning and hopefully some relief (aka pain pills) later ;)

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Hey greg...you feeling alright? You looked ok after that highside i picked ya up from in corner 5...first one i ever saw up close and personal! It's an encouragement to know you can walk away from something that looked like that did...hope the bike didn't take too long to fix...what's your buddies name with the glasses...i didn't get a chance to get his name and i think he mighta broken his wrist on his high side in 5...

12. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words guys! You are truly what real friends are all about. Overall, I think Greg had an awesome week: a few championships, a lot of great lap times, and a book full of memories. Of course I was disappointed that he was not able to take home the win that he had so painstakingly worked toward this year but I’m thankful that he had the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business and ride on such wonderful equipment. Thanks JU and Team Hammer Talent Search! Hopefully, Greg has now “paid the piper” and can get on with his racing career. wishing him the best of luck, misty ;)

13. scuzzlebutt

Misty.....You're the coolest:)

14. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

I could never be as cool as you Bootsie!

15. cts488

cts488 Member

It was absolutley awsome to have Greg as a teammate this past weekend at the GNF. He's not only a blazingly fast rider, but he's an even better person to know and be friends with. He showed what courage and determination is all about this weekend. He truley deserved the 750 more than i did. To be involved with the Valvoline guys this weekend was a dream come true, to have the great equipment and great guys behind you is the best feeling in the world. I knew i was going to an unfimilar place with unfimilar people and not sure what to expect, but it I ended up meeting some of the nicest people i've ever met!

Best of luck to you Greg and take care of that foot and wrist! If you're ever out my way, give me a call, you got a place to stay if you need it! And if you do, we'll have to have drink together!

Chris Siglin

16. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Thanks Boots - amazing what a difference it makes to have people cheering you on - make you want to fly like the wind. ....talking of wind, how did the 5 of you make out sharing that room then?:Puke: PErhaps next year I'll save up enough to top off before each race....

17. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

mark, nice job out there also. i dont want to say too much because next year it is on. mano e mano. yeah!!!! wooooo!!! congrats to you racers this weekend. jonnie sux....

18. GREG#22

thanks chris and i hope you take better care of that 750 than i did mine. Good riding with you and meeting a great competitor. good luck

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hey gregg, could you e-mail me and tell how to go as fast as you?

thanks, BW

:D

20. GREG#22

not a chance i got enough fast guys breathing down my neck:D